Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Zod's OFFICIAL first overall pick selection is....

123 posts in this topic

i do. having a shut down cb is great, but you can still beat a defense by game planning around him. just attack every aspect of that defense but that corner.

Anyone beg to differ?

Yes, I would take Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, or Joe Thomas...then Revis.

Yes, I would take Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, or Joe Thomas...then Revis.

IMO the only player that should even be considered for the no. 1 overall pick other than Revis, is Joe Thomas.

AP and CJ are both great, but neither are even the best at their position, and their position is certainly not as important as LT, CB, DE, QB. Revis is the best at his position, by a long ways.

I would drop AP from that list, I don't really like him anyways but I do like Johnson he needs to be on a better team.

Patrick Peterson

Peterson is the closest thing to a sure thing future pro bowler in this draft. He would step in day one as a starter and improve this team a great deal on both defense and special teams as a returner. Patrick Peterson on Roddy White twice a year? Yes please.

:thumbsup:that's two thumbs up!:thumbsup:

1 person likes this

IMO the only player that should even be considered for the no. 1 overall pick other than Revis, is Joe Thomas.

AP and CJ are both great, but neither are even the best at their position, and their position is certainly not as important as LT, CB, DE, QB. Revis is the best at his position, by a long ways.

Aso would disagree

Like has been said before, last year team's threw away from Gamble and targeted Marshall. If Peterson is a shutdown CB teams are forced to throw at the CB they normally avoid. How is that not a win for our defense?

i do. having a shut down cb is great, but you can still beat a defense by game planning around him. just attack every aspect of that defense but that corner.

Lot easier said than done without your #1 WR

I approve of your screen name

:thumbsup:that's two thumbs up!:thumbsup:

Patrick Peterson

Peterson is the closest thing to a sure thing future pro bowler in this draft. He would step in day one as a starter and improve this team a great deal on both defense and special teams as a returner. Patrick Peterson on Roddy White twice a year? Yes please.

Can't be mad at that. Only ones being talked about that would disappoint me are Mallet & Fairly

Good defenses help build offense. The less the offense has to stress, the better. If that means a 3rd down stop, forcing a fg. whatever. I'm tiring of playing catchup with crappy offenses. I'd rather keep it close and win with crappy offenses a la Bears 2005.