Photo
- - - - -

Zod's OFFICIAL first overall pick selection is....

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#91 Taom82

Taom82

was that danny woodhead?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationHell's Outhouse

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

(Insert cornerback name here) can be gameplanned against by throwing to the other side of the field.

This logic is conditional.

If you have a shitty to average corner on the other side then this is a bad thing. If you have an above average to exceptional corner on the other side then you laugh at the gameplanning.

#92 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

(Insert cornerback name here) can be gameplanned against by throwing to the other side of the field.

This logic is conditional.

If you have a pooty to average corner on the other side then this is a bad thing. If you have an above average to exceptional corner on the other side then you laugh at the gameplanning.

Your right a cornerback can be game planned against, but I agree with this poster that just forces them to throw at Gamble who is no slouch. Plus your also taking a weapon out of the game by putting Peterson on him.

#93 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

Falcons: "hey we just won't ever throw to Roddy White again when we play the Panthers. haha what a bunch of suckers for drafting PP."

#94 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

Corner at #1 is most definitely not a "safe" pick. It's never been done.

What does the history of the draft position have to do with the risk/reward factor? I've said since the beginning that the stigma of 'first overall' will influence this pick too much. It's true that a CB has never been picked first but that's going to change soon, if not this year, with how pass happy the league is becoming. Everyone has to realize CB is a much more important position now. While offense can scheme a CB out of a play, they're also scheming one of their own players out, and that a big win for the D if you shadow their best WR.

edit: and now I see my last point was brought up by the 3 previous posters. doh

edit2: and just for the record I'd rather take Dareus/Fairley but I wouldn't be upset with Peterson.

Edited by natty, 10 March 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,661 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

What does the history of the draft position have to do with the risk/reward factor? I've said since the beginning that the stigma of 'first overall' will influence this pick too much. It's true that a CB has never been picked first but that's going to change soon, if not this year, with how pass happy the league is becoming. Everyone has to realize CB is a much more important position now. While offense can scheme a CB out of a play, they're also scheming one of their own players out, and that a big win for the D if you shadow their best WR.

edit: and now I see my last point was brought up by the 3 previous posters. doh

edit2: and just for the record I'd rather take Dareus/Fairley but I wouldn't be upset with Peterson.

You know this never been done before stuff is retarded. We would still be living in caves with some of you running the world.

Didn't say I wouldn't do it. Said it isn't considered a"safe" because no one ever has done it.

I'd have no problem with them picking Peterson.

#96 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Looking back, I wonder if Revis would have gone no. 1 overall if you could re-draft.

I bet yes.

Anyone beg to differ?

#97 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

i do. having a shut down cb is great, but you can still beat a defense by game planning around him. just attack every aspect of that defense but that corner.

#98 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

Anyone beg to differ?

Yes, I would take Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, or Joe Thomas...then Revis.

#99 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

Yes, I would take Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, or Joe Thomas...then Revis.

IMO the only player that should even be considered for the no. 1 overall pick other than Revis, is Joe Thomas.

AP and CJ are both great, but neither are even the best at their position, and their position is certainly not as important as LT, CB, DE, QB. Revis is the best at his position, by a long ways.

#100 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,639 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

I would drop AP from that list, I don't really like him anyways but I do like Johnson he needs to be on a better team.

#101 SmokeScreen

SmokeScreen

SHAKA NINJAs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Patrick Peterson

Peterson is the closest thing to a sure thing future pro bowler in this draft. He would step in day one as a starter and improve this team a great deal on both defense and special teams as a returner. Patrick Peterson on Roddy White twice a year? Yes please.

:thumbsup:that's two thumbs up!:thumbsup:

#102 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

IMO the only player that should even be considered for the no. 1 overall pick other than Revis, is Joe Thomas.

AP and CJ are both great, but neither are even the best at their position, and their position is certainly not as important as LT, CB, DE, QB. Revis is the best at his position, by a long ways.

Aso would disagree

#103 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

Like has been said before, last year team's threw away from Gamble and targeted Marshall. If Peterson is a shutdown CB teams are forced to throw at the CB they normally avoid. How is that not a win for our defense?

#104 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

i do. having a shut down cb is great, but you can still beat a defense by game planning around him. just attack every aspect of that defense but that corner.

Lot easier said than done without your #1 WR

#105 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

I approve of your screen name

:thumbsup:that's two thumbs up!:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com