#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,953 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

GM Marty Hurney is reportedly the only member of the Panthers' front office or coaching staff still maintaining faith in Jimmy Clausen as a potential starter.

According to SI.com's Don Banks, "everyone else in Carolina, and many coaches and personnel men around the league for that matter" believe the Panthers desperately need to find a new quarterback. Hurney's head should be on the chopping block if he's forced to draft a QB at No. 1 overall. He's essentially wasted two second-round picks, having traded this year's to move up for Armanti Edwards last April.

Source: Rotoworld per SI.com, http://sportsillustr...ml?eref=writers

#2 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Speculation

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

The guy is pretty insightful.

#4 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

fug Hurney. His head should be on the chopping block for not bringing in any Free Agent talent worth a damn for two years, the Jake Delhomme huge contract fiasco, the Franchising Peppers when we could have traded him fiasco, the Clausen bust, the AE fiasco, the potential Brown bust, the Dwayne Jarrett bust, the Ken Lucas bust... I could keep going...

He's been making big misteps for a few years now. It all just finally bit us in the ass last year.

I was actually a little disappointed he didn't go with Fox. If Rivera wants to make a name for himself, he's going to have to rattle Hurney's cage and by-pass him to get what he wants to make us a winning team again.

#5 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

True but I don't think Hurney is being ousted for this, nor should he.

#6 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

Unfortunately Hurney is still the guy making the pick.

#7 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

fug Hurney. His head should be on the chopping block for not bringing in any Free Agent talent worth a damn for two years, the Jake Delhomme huge contract fiasco, the Franchising Peppers when we could have traded him fiasco, the Clausen bust, the AE fiasco, the potential Brown bust, the Dwayne Jarrett bust, the Ken Lucas bust... I could keep going...

He's been making big misteps for a few years now. It all just finally bit us in the ass last year.

I was actually a little disappointed he didn't go with Fox. If Rivera wants to make a name for himself, he's going to have to rattle Hurney's cage and get what he wants.

+1

#8 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

I was actually a little disappointed he didn't go with Fox. If Rivera wants to make a name for himself, he's going to have to rattle Hurney's cage and by-pass him to get what he wants to make us a winning team again.

Can't really blame Hurney for not singing a FA when the owner would'nt allow it

#9 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

blame richardson. Hurney is just a Yes man

#10 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

hurney drafted him he better believe

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

True but I don't think Hurney is being ousted for this, nor should he.

Oh, I don't think he will be either, just some news to talk about.

#12 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Another source within the Panthers FO contradicts that, says that many within the league and within Carolina think Clausen isn't washed up - yet. Also says that the move to draft AE was JRs.

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Another source within the Panthers FO contradicts that, says that many within the league and within Carolina think Clausen isn't washed up - yet. Also says that the move to draft AE was JRs.

That source is Hurney

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

we should probably hold off on bashing Hurney until the DeAngelo, Johnson, etc. scenarios have been resolved.......b/c we might take it too easy on him.

#15 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Can't really blame Hurney for not singing a FA when the owner would'nt allow it

Is that fact? Do you have anything concrete to substantiate this?

I've heard this said before, but how can you pay Jake the money he got, and hand Peppers a one-year $16 Million dollar contract, and say ownership stopped them from going after Free Agents?

No, I think Hurney rested on his laurels. He said at the start of last year that we "had a good core, but needed a youth movement". This means to me they had a plan of their own that didn't include Veteran Free Agents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com