#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,925 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Lemme put to words what some in the Pro-Newton crowd seem unable to fathom regarding the Anti-Newton crowd:

- We don't hate him. In fact, we have no personal feelings about him at all. He's just another football player.
- We have no desire to see him fail or have tragedy befall him. Why should we? What would it benefit us?
- We don't care that he's black. In fact, there's a load of white guys most of us don't want either.
- We simply think, for football reasons, that he's not worth the Panthers taking him with the #1 overall pick.

It really is that simple.

Now if you want to argue that he is worth it, well and good, as long as you bring football logic to the discussion. When, instead, you throw out stuff like "you hate him", "you're racist" or "you don't care about winning" or any other such personal argument, you don't help your case.

In fact, the only thing you actually do accomplish by saying that stuff is to make yourselves look really stupid :frown2:

The truth is that if Newton is drafted here, those of us who were against it happening will stand behind the choice and hope that we were wrong. Nobody's leaving the fanbase in protest because they drafted Cam Newton, and no one's going to hope that he fails or gets hurt. Quite the opposite, we'll hope for his success because that's what'll be best for the team.

If he isn't drafted, then the vast majority of us won't really care what happens to him - good or bad - because he won't be a Panther.

And that's pretty much all there is to it. I'm not sure why some find that so difficult to understand :nonod:

Edited by Mr Scot, 10 March 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#2 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

I don't want a QB in this draft unless it's through a trade with the Bengals to snag Palmer.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,428 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

Rep.

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,925 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

I don't want a QB in this draft unless it's through a trade with the Bengals to snag Palmer.

That's my favorite option on the QB front right now, though how much of a possibility it actually is would be a big question mark.

If we stay at #1, I'd prefer Peterson or Dareus. I could live with Fairley.

Don't really want A J Green because, like the QB slot, I think we need experience, not more youth.

#5 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

These debates help me get through the work day and it is a long way to training camp if we even have football. So I hope everyone is civil and the debate continues about this and other things. And thanks to all, a bad day reading the huddle is better than a good day actually doing work.

#6 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Lemme put to words what some in the Pro-Newton crowd seem unable to fathom regarding the Anti-Newton crowd:

- We don't hate him. In fact, we have no personal feelings about him at all. He's just another football player.
- We have no desire to see him fail or have tragedy befall him. Why should we? What would it benefit us?
- We don't care that he's black. In fact, there's a load of white guys most of us don't want either.
- We simply think, for football reasons, that he's not worth the Panthers taking him with the #1 overall pick.

Now if you want to argue that he is worth it, well and good, as long as you bring football logic to the discussion. When, instead, you throw out stuff like "you hate him", "you're racist" or "you don't care about winning" or any other such personal argument, you don't help your case.

In fact, the only thing you actually do accomplish by saying that stuff is to make yourselves look really stupid :frown2:

The truth is that if Newton is drafted here, those of us who were against it happening will stand behind the choice and hope that we were wrong. Nobody's leaving the fanbase in protest because they drafted Cam Newton, and no one's going to hope that he fails or gets hurt. Quite the opposite, we'll hope for his success because that's what'll be best for the team.

If he isn't drafted, then the vast majority of us won't really care what happens to him - good or bad - because he won't be a Panther.

And that's pretty much all there is to it. I'm not sure why some find that so difficult to understand :nonod:

You dont speak for the all "anti-Cam" posters. There are some here that really seem to ignorant to the fact he's the best QB in the draft and one of the best in college football history, i wont say any names*coughJOATcough*
I think he stole their laptop;)

#7 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,898 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Mr. Scot I want to thank you for you consistently educating us. Without your guidance I don't know where we would be. Probably face down in a drained pool somewhere.

Posted Image

:)

#8 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

We as in like 4-5 posters?

#9 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

you a racist!!

#10 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

....or Kevin Kolb from the Eagles :cool:

#11 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,486 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Outside of maybe 5 posters, all the people that are okay/support taking Newton are having football conversations. Stop acting like a martyr.

#12 InDaZone

InDaZone

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Speak for yourself....

I HATE HIM!! Because I'm racist.

#13 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Speak for yourself....

I HATE HIM!! Because I'm racist.

oh no!JOAT is gonna get you or is he?hmmmm:svengo:

#14 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for setting the parameters captain. However, you're not following your own rules from the other thread.

You're projecting your ideas onto a "Cam Fan" movement. When again, as I pointed out in the other thread, I was never a "Cam Fan." You tried to assign that role to me. So now your deciding the criteria on what the "Anti-Cam" faction is as well as the "Cam Fan" faction. So, you're doing exactly what you based your whole argument against me on as to why I was wrong in the other thread.

What else doesn't help your argument is calling someone a dumbass, stupid, or ignorant for disagreeing with questionable QB evaluators you cited in a post.

This is getting old.

No one said you were racist (seriously at least). I also didn't say you "hated" him, I said Billick came off to me as he did, then I said that hate may have been too strong of a word to begin with. Again... It's not black and white, there's a lot of grey. But, you automatically are boxing anyone who doesn't agree with you into being a Cam fan. Again, I did not want ANY part of Cam during most of the NCAA season, I thought he would be a bust, but I changed my stance on him.

JOAT has been all over the board saying how he doesn't want Cam, but I haven't seen him call anyone a dumbass for them disagreeing with him. And JOAT has repeatedly stated why he feels that way, and I respect that. That's why it's so heated, you're pouring fuel on the fire but saying you never started it.

Edited by Proudiddy, 10 March 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#15 PackPanther

PackPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

That's my favorite option on the QB front right now, though how much of a possibility it actually is would be a big question mark.

If we stay at #1, I'd prefer Peterson or Dareus. I could live with Fairley.

Don't really want A J Green because, like the QB slot, I think we need experience, not more youth.

I like what you are saying. I just think based on value, you have to take a quarterback. DT's basically never succeed as the first overall pick. I mean russell maryland is the only "ok" player. Then looking at Peterson, even if he is as good as Revis, there is still a way to avoid him. I mean look at the raiders, they had Asomugha and their defense was still terrible for years.

I dont think either of the QB's are sure-fire successes but I would go with Gabbert because we know he has the arm, the intelligence, the athleticism, the leadership to be a franchise QB. I dont think Cam Newton has that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.