Thoughts?

#2 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

It will still be considered a miracle.........2 people in the house survived. Boy, performing miracles is a tough business.

#3 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the religious spin on this story to make it appear to be a miracle. He sure does work in mysterious ways.

#4 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

God knows that if they're outside of the 5 Burroughs in New York they really don't matter.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,822 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

I'm not looking forward to flying over NY airspace

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,060 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

Can I dance around the specifics like Geithner?

#7 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:20 AM

To me God is sovereign. He is always in control. To me he allowed this plan to crash and the other one to be rescued.

I personally praise God in all situations. Both good and bad. I trust in him. He is a faithful God.
Like he said in his word.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Just know that the good that God wants for us is to become more like Christ, not to live safe, happy little lives here on earth.

I find it funny, when people think of God as a celestial Santa Clause. Like he just exists to make our lives easier. When in fact nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have often viewed my walk with the Lord, as paddling a boat against the stream.
You can never take a break or you will be swept away with the stream. Back to a self centered, selfish life. You must forever keep struggling to be more like Christ. Keep paddling.

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,075 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:24 AM

You can never take a break or you will be swept away with the stream. Back to a self centered, selfish life. You must forever keep struggling to be more like Christ. Keep paddling.

Hmmm........

#9 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

I hardly consider the words of Bloomberg the gospel of Paul

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

To me God is sovereign. He is always in control. To me he allowed this plan to crash and the other one to be rescued.

I personally praise God in all situations. Both good and bad. I trust in him. He is a faithful God.
Like he said in his word.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Just know that the good that God wants for us is to become more like Christ, not to live safe, happy little lives here on earth.

I find it funny, when people think of God as a celestial Santa Clause. Like he just exists to make our lives easier. When in fact nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have often viewed my walk with the Lord, as paddling a boat against the stream.
You can never take a break or you will be swept away with the stream. Back to a self centered, selfish life. You must forever keep struggling to be more like Christ. Keep paddling

Man, that was good stuff.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

So God want us to live unsafe and unhappy lives here?

#12 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

and worship him for it!

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

The other thing I wonder is if God wants us to live more like Christ, then why didn't he say so (or send Him down) at the beginning? In the Old Testament, people held slaves, had sex with their daughters, all kinds of groovy stuff, and God didn't seem to mind that as long as they were working for Him.

Then suddenly people are supposed to turn the other cheek, live in poverty like Christ, all that stuff - for an all powerful being, God seems to be stuck in a very human like time vs. decision loop.

#14 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

So God want us to live unsafe and unhappy lives here?

character over comfort.

No, it's to make you focus more on Christ. So, that your joy and happiness will not be based on your circumstances but on the fact you have Christ with you.

Like the apostle Paul said, I have learned to be content whether in plenty or in want.

#15 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:47 AM

The other thing I wonder is if God wants us to live more like Christ, then why didn't he say so (or send Him down) at the beginning? In the Old Testament, people held slaves, had sex with their daughters, all kinds of groovy stuff, and God didn't seem to mind that as long as they were working for Him.

Then suddenly people are supposed to turn the other cheek, live in poverty like Christ, all that stuff - for an all powerful being, God seems to be stuck in a very human like time vs. decision loop.

He gave the Jews his law. Which can be summed up as, Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. And love your neighbor as your self.

The Jews broke that law before Moses could even come down off the mountain with the 10 commandments. That was after witnessing all the plagues God brought on the Egyptians, the Red Sea, following a pillar of fire in the desert, and being feed manna from heaven. not to mention God showing his presents to them and letting them hear him speak. They witnessed and truly experienced God like no other people on earth before or since. Yet, they couldn't even wait 40 day in the desert while Moses was on the mountain with out turning from God and making an ideal.

Shows of miracles and power will not affect lasting change in the hearts of man. People will follow out of fear, or greed. (What can this God do for me.) But not genuine love and obedience. That takes time. That takes trust. That takes a relationship.

So, Gods grand plan is to take one man. A man who trusted God enough to leave his home and travel in the wilderness not knowing where he was going or why? A man who trusted God that he would be faithful to his word and give him a child in his old age. Even tho his wife was barren. A man who trusted God so much that he was willing to sacrifice his son when God asked him to.
Threw this man he built a nation. Threw that nation he built up a religion to follow and worship Him. Threw that religion he sent a Messiah. Threw that Messiah the sins of the world could be forgiven, and the relationship between mankind and God could be restored. Threw that restored relationship the hearts of man can be changed. To make us more like Christ.

Yes, all that takes time. It's taken thousands of years to get to were we are today. You said, "God seems to be stuck in a very human like time vs. decision loop." Maybe that's because He's dealing with humans who have a very important decision to make.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com