Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayor Bloomberg: "God was not with this plane the way he was with the other..."

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Interesting statement to make.

Thoughts?

Posted · Report post

It will still be considered a miracle.........2 people in the house survived. Boy, performing miracles is a tough business.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the religious spin on this story to make it appear to be a miracle. He sure does work in mysterious ways.

Posted · Report post

God knows that if they're outside of the 5 Burroughs in New York they really don't matter.

Posted · Report post

I'm not looking forward to flying over NY airspace

Posted · Report post

Can I dance around the specifics like Geithner?

Posted · Report post

To me God is sovereign. He is always in control. To me he allowed this plan to crash and the other one to be rescued.

I personally praise God in all situations. Both good and bad. I trust in him. He is a faithful God.

Like he said in his word.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Just know that the good that God wants for us is to become more like Christ, not to live safe, happy little lives here on earth.

I find it funny, when people think of God as a celestial Santa Clause. Like he just exists to make our lives easier. When in fact nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have often viewed my walk with the Lord, as paddling a boat against the stream.

You can never take a break or you will be swept away with the stream. Back to a self centered, selfish life. You must forever keep struggling to be more like Christ. Keep paddling.

Posted · Report post

You can never take a break or you will be swept away with the stream. Back to a self centered, selfish life. You must forever keep struggling to be more like Christ. Keep paddling.

Hmmm........

Posted · Report post

I hardly consider the words of Bloomberg the gospel of Paul

Posted · Report post

To me God is sovereign. He is always in control. To me he allowed this plan to crash and the other one to be rescued.

I personally praise God in all situations. Both good and bad. I trust in him. He is a faithful God.

Like he said in his word.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Just know that the good that God wants for us is to become more like Christ, not to live safe, happy little lives here on earth.

I find it funny, when people think of God as a celestial Santa Clause. Like he just exists to make our lives easier. When in fact nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have often viewed my walk with the Lord, as paddling a boat against the stream.

Man, that was good stuff.

Posted · Report post

So God want us to live unsafe and unhappy lives here?

Posted · Report post

and worship him for it!