Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason responds to Omar Kelly

31 posts in this topic

Posted

What did Kelly say?

See the "Beason wants Cam at number one" thread

Posted

Far as I can tell he didn't say who he did or didn't want us to draft in this one. He basically just said Jimmy and Matt are his guys. Which they are.

I don't think it is a company line I just think he realized he should stfu bc he has no idea who we are going to draft and didn't want to cause a rift in the lockeroom if we don't draft a QB or even if we do. Those guys are likely to be on the team and possibly starting. No reason to have people think you don't have faith in those guys.

But none of it matters because I called no take backs yesterday after he said it. So....

Posted

Think about that for a moment, though.

If you're a Newton fan, is this the kind of "company line" you want to hear from the team?

Beason said what he is suppose to say.....even if Beason is 100% in support of drafting Cam. Beason probably just realized people were paying attention to him so he pulled out the standard company/good teammmate line.

players words meaning nothing, especially when they come out to clarify what they think.

I think Beason has been caught a couple times chimming in about Cam.....so this latest statement is just Beason realizing people are paying attention. I think he made a comment after the National Championship as well. After that comment I think he realized what he did and quickly followed it up w/ a "pro Clausen" tweet.

Posted

players didn't really want fox to leave, did they? RB's didn't want skipper to leave. most of the team didn't want jake to leave...remember, he was their QB.

they'll suck it up and get used to whoever is brought in. if they don't then they need to go somewhere else.

1 person likes this

Posted

When the hell will players just STFU and do what they were paid to do.

I don't want to hear who you think is a pussy, who you think should start, or who you think your GM should draft.

If he is a player on your team, comment away because you have to face him each and every day. Outside of that, get on the field and do your job.

MJD I'm looking at you. Beason I'm looking at you. _________ I'm looking at you

Posted

wouldnt be the first time he's had to retract a statement

Posted

When the hell will players just STFU and do what they were paid to do.

Whenever D Smith gets his head out of his ass.

Posted

Whenever D Smith gets his head out of his ass.

They said dumb stuff before this and they will say it throughout and after. For some reason they think they have a valuable opinion, especially about other players, when most of the time they sound like idiots and have to retract it.

Posted

That was more directed at the latter part.

Posted

I know but even when they are getting paid, they won't stop talking.

Posted

Beason is being a good team leader and teammate... this is exactly what I would want him and expect him to say.

He was asked who he would draft if it was his choice and he gave his opinion... nothing wrong with that just like nothing wrong with him sticking by his current teammates.

Posted

beason has shown he'll speak his mind then change tunes after getting the word from on high.

1 person likes this