Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who's side are you on now?

Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America   20 votes

1. 1. Was OJ Simpson's murder trial a trial of all black men in America

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

147 posts in this topic

Posted

The players or the owners?

Posted

The fans.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't make a judgement without seeing the books of the NFL teams.

Posted

The fans.

i knew this poo was gonna show up

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm with the owners.. Not a fan of unions to begin with. I thought the owners offer was fair.

Posted

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

Posted

Same as always.

Mine.

1 person likes this

Posted

Depending on how long this bullsh*t persists, I may be done with the NFL. Fug em both

Posted

I am on the side of FOOTBALL...that should be an option

Posted

I have been on the owners' side this whole time. Now that it has come to this, they can both go fug themselves.

We are the ones who are going to suffer while they bitch and moan about how to split OUR money.

Posted

I think they both suck ass too, but I'm still slightly more inclined to go with the owners. They did seem to try a LITTLE (not much, just a little) harder to come to the table and seriously work this out.

Posted

I still want to see the owners come out on top, because I think it would be best for the game as a whole.

But, the owners brought this on themselves by signing off on a CBA with an unprecedented amount of revenue going to the players. And by not realizing, when giving the players that much, that the union would never willingly give back a cent of that. And by not having the foresight to see that, if the economy were to tank, they would have to start footing the bill for their opulent new stadiums.

If you really want someone to blame in all this, may I suggest Paul Tagliabue.

He pushed this deal hard to the owners. He knew he was about to retire, and wanted to protect his legacy of labor peace. Upshaw knew this, and rightfully went for as much as he could get. The owners were idiots for agreeing to it, but it was Tagliabue who negotiated and brokered this deal.