#17 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

We have average to subpar QB's I'm tired of us being mediocre at that position. Like I said in another thread imo who already know what Matt Moore brings to the table he is who he is and Clausen can hopefully improve to be a solid back up. I see neither of those guys behind center allowing us to keep up with the rest of the NFC South.

#18 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

I don't think we know what Matt's ceiling is yet, that's why I want us to keep him.

#19 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Vikings, ok I remember, he had a good game VS the giants too maybe the week before. Think we scored 41 in that game.

Edited by SPANKY, 12 March 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#20 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

I'm a member of his fan club

#21 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

No one even knows if Matt Moore will be healthy enough to play

He's healthy

Like dpanther said, his injury was very serious. And is gonna take a longtime to rehab from that.

It's the least serious of shoulder injuries you can get at the QB position. Separation or dislocation and then torn rotator cuff are next. Labrum is the least serious.

People have a lot of faith in the idea that a new offense is somehow going to translate into Clausen or Moore suddenly turning into pro bowlers. Look at the QBs in the NFC south now. Without good QB play we will be at the bottom of the conference for a while.

Moore was the second best QB in the NFL during his stint as starter in 2009. With just a little help from the running game, Moore is a good QB. Put him in a friendlier offense and I don't even think we've seen a glimpse of how good he can be.

We won the South with average QB play before and if Moore plays even close to the level he showed throughout his career before this debacle of a season, we can contend again.

#22 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

He's rubbish. Nice guy but time to move on.

#23 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,681 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

I think Matt Moore has the talent for sure... his big question marks will be confidence and poise after the beating he took last season. He probably got David Carr'd. I hope he didn't, but he deserves a chance to prove himself.

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

All in all it probably depends on how much Matt wants.

#25 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

People have a lot of faith in the idea that a new offense is somehow going to translate into Clausen or Moore suddenly turning into pro bowlers. Look at the QBs in the NFC south now. Without good QB play we will be at the bottom of the conference for a while.

We have average to subpar QB's I'm tired of us being mediocre at that position. Like I said in another thread imo who already know what Matt Moore brings to the table he is who he is and Clausen can hopefully improve to be a solid back up. I see neither of those guys behind center allowing us to keep up with the rest of the NFC South.

Instead of trying to "keep up" with the other QBs, why not just have a defense that can stop them?

#26 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Instead of trying to "keep up" with the other QBs, why not just have a defense that can stop them?

because that makes too much damn sense.

#27 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

because that makes too much damn sense.

I understand wanting a Franchise QB, I want one as bad as everyone else. But the whole "our division is full of em so we need one" argument doesn't make sense to me. I would prefer a defense that stops Drew from scoring over a QB who I hope will score just as much as he does.

#28 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

If Moore can get back to his 09 form, then sure. He's a keeper and our future starter. That's a big IF though. Other than the SF game, he was as bad as Jimmy last year. Hopefully he can get his head on straight.

#29 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

I think Matt still has the hearts of a lot of Carolina Fans. And still can prove he's our QB.

#30 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,392 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

I believe if Matt has the chance to compete for the the starting Qb position he will win the job. I really hope he excels, but then again I hope Jimmy polishes up his act too. Matt is quite a few notches above Jimmy in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com