28 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

dude i never said religious people or organizations don't do any good. i said that doing accomplishes more than praying. i was speaking literally about the act of praying, not 'people who pray.'

i'm not even going to mind your last sentence cause that's just ignorant to the point of being vulgar.

#17 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

I will say it. To me God is sovereign. He is in control all the time. That second plan didn't just slip by his radar. He allowed it to happen. Why? I have no idea. I'm not God.
Like Job said "Should we not also take the bad along with the good from God."
I know in my personal life God has allowed a lot of suffering. There has been many time I have looked back over the last 8 years of my life and realized I was happier and life was easier before I became a follower of Jesus.
But I trust God, that my suffering is not in vain. God would never waste a hurt. His purpose is for me to grow mature threw my suffering. To grow more mature mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. To become more like Christ and less like the old selfish self centered me.

God is more concerned with our character, than our comfort.

So God has a specific plan for you to grow and mature? But he just let those 40ish people in that plane die in a terrible crash?

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

grow and mature, burn to death soaked in jet fuel in a ferocious blaze of fear and panic. all part of the plan.

#19 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,211 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

They deserved it, and everybody knows why...

#20 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

So God has a specific plan for you to grow and mature? But he just let those 40ish people in that plane die in a terrible crash?

I don't know what Gods purpose for allowing that plan to crash and for the people on board to all die. (I heard it was around 50 people, plus 1 in the house it crashed into.)

I do know God will not wast the hurt. He will use this tragedy to work in the lives of the family and friends of those 50 some people. Some will come to the saving knowledge of Christ because of this, and some will grow and mature as they deal with there lose.

I know it seems cold and callus to allow 50 some people to die so that God may work in the lives of there loved ones. But God is the creator, we are his creation. He could take our lives when ever he wants.

Like the Bible says, Your not promised tomorrow. So live every day as if it were your last.

#21 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

grow and mature, burn to death soaked in jet fuel in a ferocious blaze of fear and panic. all part of the plan.

Yes

#22 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

you might as well be a satanist. you worship a sociopath.

#23 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:51 AM

you might as well be a satanist. you worship a sociopath.

I just look at things from God's perspective not from mans.

I focus on the eternal not the temporary.

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

Is being an eternal sociopath better?

#25 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

Is being an eternal sociopath better?

LOL

Considering how the social world order is controlled by the Prince of the world, (Satan), I guess you can call God anti-social.

:D

#26 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

dude i never said religious people or organizations don't do any good. i said that doing accomplishes more than praying. i was speaking literally about the act of praying, not 'people who pray.'

i'm not even going to mind your last sentence cause that's just ignorant to the point of being vulgar.

Was it as ignorant as your hate crime remark? But, yeah, let me take a look at all the good work of the libs when you get around to it.

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

[/B]Was it as ignorant as your hate crime remark? But, yeah, let me take a look at all the good work of the libs when you get around to it.

Gay men design women's clothing and many people's interior decor. That's got to count for something.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

LOL

Considering how the social world order is controlled by the Prince of the world, (Satan), I guess you can call God anti-social.

:D

Finally, weeks into it, someone brings up the boogeyman.

#29 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Prayer worked because you WANTED it too work. Nothing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com