Photo
- - - - -

NC State Coaching Search

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#166 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

the real reason no one wants the state job is because of Coach K and Roy breathing down their necks. talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place! :eek:

IMHO, it's a fear of competition.

#167 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

Well it wasn't like Prosser was returning the kid's calls.

This is crossing the line. Do it again and a neg rep is coming your way!

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet...

#168 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

As a State fan I'm taking the wait and see approach. On the one hand I am really excited about some of the stuff he did at Alabama. On the other hand I am wary of him resigning midway through the 2008 season. I don't think there is any other way to react rationally. Here is the way that I see Gottfried as of now:

1. Good recruiter. Obviously not on Roy's level but lets face it he wasn't recruiting to Carolina and Kansas. I think he has a great personality that kids will latch onto. There are a few of our kids that were recruited by him while in high school and they have already announced they are staying (Richard Howell and Lorenzo Brown). So that has to say something about them...If they hated him on the recruiting trail then they wouldn't be staying.

2. He had more success at Alabama than anyone has had at State since V. Got them to a #1 ranking nationally. Got to the dance 5 out of 10.5 years including being in the Elite 8. He won the SEC outright once and was tied for 1st another year. I don't care what you say...Doing stuff like that at Alabama, which is a place that historically couldn't care less about basketball is good stuff.

3. He had some problems with Ronald Steele and a few other players that apparently led to his resignation (at least that is what I read on Alabama's forum...my only source for Bama news).

4. He said at the PC that he has taken time to improve his game and learn as an analyst. Hopefully that will show up in his coaching.

5. Nobody is worse than Sidney Lowe. I at least expect improvement and tournament appearances. If he can repeat what he did at Bama during that stint where they were really good then he is going to be a raging success at State. Players are WAYYYY more likely to come play at NCSU than they were at Bama when they were good.

We'll see what happens but I like the hire on paper...Lets go State.

#169 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

hearing dino gaudio is a possible assistant

#170 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

This is crossing the line. Do it again and a neg rep is coming your way!

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet...

Ahh!

#171 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

hearing dino gaudio is a possible assistant

If true, than that probably means that the stuff about him calling the recruit the day after prosser's death is incorrect. Gaudio and Prosser were pretty close.

Gaudio is an excellent recruiter.

#172 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

#173 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

you can't spell Mayock without MC

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

^^^^ that belongs in the Larry Eustachy Hall of Fame (or is that just Williams doing his best Scheyerface?)

Posted Image

Edited by Boltergeist, 06 April 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#174 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image

GET IT IN GARY!!!!

Posted Image