12 replies to this topic

#1 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

over the past week or two i have noticed a huge influx in angry rants and conspiracy theories, and i'm convinced that republicans are literally going crazy with anger and fear, because for the first time in decades the president is beloved and it's not one on their side. it's an absolute delight to watch them melt down into a red faced mass of irrationality.

anyone else noticed a lot more caps lock than usual?

Yes, the Republicans have claimed to have "found their voice." If this is true, then their "voice" sounds exactly like Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge and Michelle Malkin, depending on the day.

So what are these voices saying exactly?

For starters, Rush Limbaugh -- the de facto leader of the Republican Party -- said on his show Tuesday that the entire economic meltdown was actually precipitated by a conspiracy between George Soros and a cabal of billionaire liberals who deliberately sought to sabotage the world economy in order to get Barack Obama elected.

Meanwhile, Michael Steele, the newly elected head of the RNC and preemptive excuse for the next time a Republican talk radio host blurts out a racist remark, tried to tell a national television viewing audience that the government has never in the history of the United States created a job -- only "work." Yep. Do I really need to outline why this is crazy?

Former White House chief of staff Andy Card, meanwhile, attacked President Obama for violating a totally nonexistent Oval Office dress code. Republican columnist Fred Barnes cited a former Limbaugh producer named Marc Morano as his "scientific" source on global warming. FOX News is reading Republican talking points verbatim and passing them off as news copy -- typos and all. And after eight years of the smirking frat boy named George W. Bush, Malkin went so far as to accuse President Obama of being "snippy" during his prime time press conference.
Elsewhere, another far-right blogger is vowing to never again fist-bump with her friends at her tennis club. And when she's at the grocery store and is confronted by magazines with the president's face in the checkout line, she turns the magazines backwards. All of them. I'm not making this up.
They have indeed totally lost their shpadoinkle and despite purely involuntary spikes in my blood pressure, it's so much fun to watch.

http://www.huffingto...a_b_166152.html

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I think he's going to get a lot of Republicans elected in two years.

#3 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

that's how the government is meant to run, but if republicans keep up their crybaby shitfit voters will be too embarrassed to pull the lever for them.

#4 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

In terms of who freaks out more when the other party is in office, I think its pretty equal.

Dems were pretty bad when Bush was in office, actually really bad. and Pubs were out of their minds when Clinton was in.

Im sure the same levels of outrage will be reached during Obamas admin.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

yes liberals freaked out when bush was president, but you have to look at perspective.

bush starts a ridiculous war = huge freak out

bill is put online late because of last minute subtractions = huge freak out

republicans have been absolutely squealing at every little itty bitty tiny thing for like 3 weeks now.

pace yourselves!

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

IMO, its not so much that Republicans are doing anything different, its just that there are 500 different media outlets to cover that crap now.

#7 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

i haven't been watching the news, this is just an observation from how people act online. that's my only actual gauge of republicans because i don't know any :D

#8 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,900 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

I've noticed it here too. I think they are afraid he might actually do something to help the country. Not saying he will or won't, but I am still taking a wait and see approach. Now if other's would, I can't believe how many people here and in the media want him to fail. Well, I can't believe is a little strong, but wanting a President to fail from either side is a little short sighted.

#9 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

I think he's going to get a lot of Republicans elected in two years.

If got back to a Republican-controlled Congress, I would be fine with that.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

I can only speak for myself. Obama showed some promise in the months before he took over that he would be a centrist influence. I believe that is what this country needs and that is why I voted for McCain. Clinton realized that after his first two years were an utter failure and his working with the Republican Congress got this country's economy humming. Bush never had to work with the other side until these last two years and he was in so far over his head he couldn't do anything and have people take him seriously. They knew he was a lame duck.

These last two weeks have seen Obama make a hard left turn. I understand he has to appease the people who busted their ass to get him elected, but coming out and blaming Republicans and saying things like "they say it's a spending bill, what do they think a stimulus package is?" isn't exactly giving off signs that you want to work with the other side. The election's over, Barry. You're our elected leader. Act like it.

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

I know the Dems have a pretty short rope, but the Pubs have a problem now as well.

#12 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,773 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

rodeo is about as clueless as they come.

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:24 AM

In terms of who freaks out more when the other party is in office, I think its pretty equal.

Dems were pretty bad when Bush was in office, actually really bad. and Pubs were out of their minds when Clinton was in.

Im sure the same levels of outrage will be reached during Obamas admin.

what are you talking about the dems were completely useless and rolled over the whole time.

if there's one thing that the republicans do well it's organize their jihads effectively. when clinton was elected, merely two years later they took over the house and senate and destroyed any chance the country might have had at a single payer healthcare system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.