38 replies to this topic

#1 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

As someone who appeared numerous times on the 700 Club with Pat Robertson, as someone for whom Jerry Falwell used to send his private jet to bring me to speak at his college, as an author who had James Dobson giveaway 150,000 copies of my one of my fundamentalist "books" allow me to explain something: the Republican Party is controlled by two ideological groups. First, is the Religious Right. Second, are the neoconservatives. Both groups share one thing in common: they are driven by fear and paranoia. Between them there is no Republican "center" for you to appeal to, just two versions of hate-filled extremes.

...you need to forget a bipartisan approach and get on with the business of governing by winning each battle. You will never be able to work with the Republicans because they hate you. Believe me, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are the norm not the exception. James Dobson and the rest are praying for you to fail. The neoconservatives are gnashing their teeth and waiting for you to "sell out Israel" or "show weakness" in Afghanistan, whatever, so they can declare you a traitor.

The Democratic Party won for a reason: the Republicans failed and have taken us all down with them! You're doing your presidency and America no favor by extending an open hand to the perpetually knotted fist of what has become the embittered lunatic fringe of our country. They would rather go down in flames than "compromise" their ideology.

http://www.huffingto...e_b_165359.html

#2 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

He may be right in Coulter and Limbaughs representation of the Republican Party...Just as Huffnpuff post is the overall representation of the Dem party.

#3 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Fear and paranoia certainly sum up the right wing quite well.

Earlier today I heard a Republican defending the preemptive invasion on Iraq by comparing it to an intruder in your house getting ready to attack your family. He asked, are you going to wait till after they hurt your family to kill the intruder or are you going to do it before. Naturally, his logic was fallacious because the invasion of Iraq was more analogous to you spotting a person you are suspicious of passing through your neighborhood and preemptively killing him. Right wing minds are often warped by fear and paranoia. Shoot first, ask questions later mentality.

#4 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,650 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Fear and paranoia certainly sum up the left and right wing quite well.

:cool:

#5 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

:cool:

I thought the left wing were the one's that weren't too scared to 'talk to our enemies?'

/shrug.

#6 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,650 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

I don't think I can remember a time when fear has been used more extensively in national politics, than in the last two weeks.

Was that the republicans, too?

#7 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

I thought the left wing were the one's that weren't too scared to 'talk to our enemies?'

/shrug.

No. They're the ones who tell John McCain that his plan is to bring back slavery.

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

I don't think I can remember a time when fear has been used more extensively in national politics, than in the last two weeks.

i'll buy that when the dems release their color coded fear scale.

#9 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,650 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Who needs a color coded fear scale when every day is a code red, and every future day is certain death if we don't act now?

How idiotic is it to assume that if we don't decide TODAY OMG!!11on a stimulus bill that will be gradually spent over the next 5 years, that we will have certain economic destruction forever?

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

i'll buy that when the dems release their color coded fear scale.

No you wouldn't.

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

you caught me :(

#12 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Unlike the fear of WMD's in Iraq, this is a very real crisis the world finds itself in. The global recession has the potential to become very very bad. Obama is just being honest with you. Would you prefer he act like the Republican leaders and completely lie to you about damn near everything? Things are not rosy in the world economically. The sh*t is hitting the fan. I want a president who speaks the truth even when it is not comfortable.

Truth > Comfort.

But that is not so for the right wing faith over facts crowd.

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

Huffington post = Worldnutdaily of the left.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

Unlike the fear of WMD's in Iraq, this is a very real crisis the world finds itself in. The global recession has the potential to become very very bad. Obama is just being honest with you. Would you prefer he act like the Republican leaders and completely lie to you about damn near everything? Things are not rosy in the world economically. The sh*t is hitting the fan. I want a president who speaks the truth even when it is not comfortable.

Truth > Comfort.

But that is not so for the right wing faith over facts crowd.

So the party that tells you what's really in this stimulus package is hiding the truth from you, while the party that's trying to rush it through with the snow job that it's catastrophic if we don't isn't selling comfort?

Gotcha. ;)

#15 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

So the party that tells you what's really in this stimulus package is hiding the truth from you, while the party that's trying to rush it through with the snow job that it's catastrophic if we don't isn't selling comfort?

Gotcha. ;)

We are in an economic crisis as we speak. Right now. Time is precious. If you feel like the Obama administration is hiding so much from you (Paranoia? Fear?) then you can read the bill yourself. http://thomas.loc.go...p/app09.html#h1

As if the Republicans are revealing some secret parts of the bill or something....:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.