Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open Letter to Obama from ex-Republican

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Huffington post = Worldnutdaily of the left.

Posted

Unlike the fear of WMD's in Iraq, this is a very real crisis the world finds itself in. The global recession has the potential to become very very bad. Obama is just being honest with you. Would you prefer he act like the Republican leaders and completely lie to you about damn near everything? Things are not rosy in the world economically. The sh*t is hitting the fan. I want a president who speaks the truth even when it is not comfortable.

Truth > Comfort.

But that is not so for the right wing faith over facts crowd.

So the party that tells you what's really in this stimulus package is hiding the truth from you, while the party that's trying to rush it through with the snow job that it's catastrophic if we don't isn't selling comfort?

Gotcha. ;)

Posted

So the party that tells you what's really in this stimulus package is hiding the truth from you, while the party that's trying to rush it through with the snow job that it's catastrophic if we don't isn't selling comfort?

Gotcha. ;)

We are in an economic crisis as we speak. Right now. Time is precious. If you feel like the Obama administration is hiding so much from you (Paranoia? Fear?) then you can read the bill yourself. http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/app09.html#h1

As if the Republicans are revealing some secret parts of the bill or something....:rolleyes:

Posted

We are in an economic crisis as we speak. Right now. Time is precious. If you feel like the Obama administration is hiding so much from you (Paranoia? Fear?) then you can read the bill yourself. http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/app09.html#h1

As if the Republicans are revealing some secret parts of the bill or something....:rolleyes:

Any con man will tell you...the victim afraid of losing something if he doesn't act is the easiest victim of all.

Posted

Huffington post = Worldnutdaily of the left.

it's the most read political website in the world. yes it's liberal, but sites can be biased without being lunatics like WND. dailykos is the worldnutdaily of the left. huffingtonpost is a pretty level headed left-minded site.

Posted

it's the most read political website in the world. yes it's liberal, but sites can be biased without being lunatics like WND. dailykos is the worldnutdaily of the left. huffingtonpost is a pretty level headed left-minded site.

I don't trust any site that heavily biased towards one political side or the other.

Posted

Unlike the fear of WMD's in Iraq, this is a very real crisis the world finds itself in. The global recession has the potential to become very very bad. Obama is just being honest with you. Would you prefer he act like the Republican leaders and completely lie to you about damn near everything? Things are not rosy in the world economically. The sh*t is hitting the fan. I want a president who speaks the truth even when it is not comfortable.

Truth > Comfort.

But that is not so for the right wing faith over facts crowd.

But he's not speaking the truth, that's pretty obvious.

Why else would government spending over a timeframe as long as 5 years be so urgent that it has to get done quickly and without proper discourse?

And you do realize the doom preaching that democrats are doing are only making the problem worse, right? Ever heard of talking your way into a recession? (Or deeper into one, in this case?)

It seems the only one here that's relying on faith over facts is you. I've never trusted our federal government, and I don't intend to start doing so now.

When I hear the government and its highest elected official tell me that something is too urgent to waste time on letting democracy properly run its course, alarm bells go off in my head.

And it concerns me how little most people care as long as their guy is the one in charge. Rah Rah!

Truth > TruthVsComfort

Posted

But he's not speaking the truth, that's pretty obvious.

Why else would government spending over a timeframe as long as 5 years be so urgent that it has to get done quickly and without proper discourse?

And you do realize the doom preaching that democrats are doing are only making the problem worse, right? Ever heard of talking your way into a recession? (Or deeper into one, in this case?)

It seems the only one here that's relying on faith over facts is you. I've never trusted our federal government, and I don't intend to start doing so now.

When I hear the government and its highest elected official tell me that something is too urgent to waste time on letting democracy properly run its course, alarm bells go off in my head.

And it concerns me how little most people care as long as their guy is the one in charge. Rah Rah!

Truth > TruthVsComfort

Word.

Posted

I don't trust any site that heavily biased towards one political side or the other.

well you don't have to 'trust' it, it's not a news site, it's an opinion site. but it's not a fringe weirdo site.

in my opinion sites cross the line into that when they intentionally misquote, edit, take things out of context to match their viewpoint. WND is famous for leaving out half the story. huffpo tends to actually have journalistic integrity to go along with their opinions.

Posted

The Pubs have lost their way and are too much under the sway of the radical fundementalists, but to suggest a President ignore the other side of the aisle is retarded.

Posted

america has ignored them the previous several elections.

Posted

I was just thinking; this guy is in with Fallwell, Robertson and Dobson?

He has to be the most perverted moral cripple the country has ever seen and we should not listen to him.