• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

We are in an economic crisis as we speak. Right now. Time is precious. If you feel like the Obama administration is hiding so much from you (Paranoia? Fear?) then you can read the bill yourself. http://thomas.loc.go...p/app09.html#h1

As if the Republicans are revealing some secret parts of the bill or something....:rolleyes:

Any con man will tell you...the victim afraid of losing something if he doesn't act is the easiest victim of all.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

Huffington post = Worldnutdaily of the left.

it's the most read political website in the world. yes it's liberal, but sites can be biased without being lunatics like WND. dailykos is the worldnutdaily of the left. huffingtonpost is a pretty level headed left-minded site.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

it's the most read political website in the world. yes it's liberal, but sites can be biased without being lunatics like WND. dailykos is the worldnutdaily of the left. huffingtonpost is a pretty level headed left-minded site.

I don't trust any site that heavily biased towards one political side or the other.

#19 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,641 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:34 AM

Unlike the fear of WMD's in Iraq, this is a very real crisis the world finds itself in. The global recession has the potential to become very very bad. Obama is just being honest with you. Would you prefer he act like the Republican leaders and completely lie to you about damn near everything? Things are not rosy in the world economically. The sh*t is hitting the fan. I want a president who speaks the truth even when it is not comfortable.

Truth > Comfort.

But that is not so for the right wing faith over facts crowd.

But he's not speaking the truth, that's pretty obvious.

Why else would government spending over a timeframe as long as 5 years be so urgent that it has to get done quickly and without proper discourse?

And you do realize the doom preaching that democrats are doing are only making the problem worse, right? Ever heard of talking your way into a recession? (Or deeper into one, in this case?)

It seems the only one here that's relying on faith over facts is you. I've never trusted our federal government, and I don't intend to start doing so now.

When I hear the government and its highest elected official tell me that something is too urgent to waste time on letting democracy properly run its course, alarm bells go off in my head.

And it concerns me how little most people care as long as their guy is the one in charge. Rah Rah!

Truth > TruthVsComfort

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

But he's not speaking the truth, that's pretty obvious.

Why else would government spending over a timeframe as long as 5 years be so urgent that it has to get done quickly and without proper discourse?

And you do realize the doom preaching that democrats are doing are only making the problem worse, right? Ever heard of talking your way into a recession? (Or deeper into one, in this case?)

It seems the only one here that's relying on faith over facts is you. I've never trusted our federal government, and I don't intend to start doing so now.

When I hear the government and its highest elected official tell me that something is too urgent to waste time on letting democracy properly run its course, alarm bells go off in my head.

And it concerns me how little most people care as long as their guy is the one in charge. Rah Rah!

Truth > TruthVsComfort

Word.

#21 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

I don't trust any site that heavily biased towards one political side or the other.

well you don't have to 'trust' it, it's not a news site, it's an opinion site. but it's not a fringe weirdo site.

in my opinion sites cross the line into that when they intentionally misquote, edit, take things out of context to match their viewpoint. WND is famous for leaving out half the story. huffpo tends to actually have journalistic integrity to go along with their opinions.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

The Pubs have lost their way and are too much under the sway of the radical fundementalists, but to suggest a President ignore the other side of the aisle is retarded.

#23 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

america has ignored them the previous several elections.

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

I was just thinking; this guy is in with Fallwell, Robertson and Dobson?

He has to be the most perverted moral cripple the country has ever seen and we should not listen to him.

#25 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

Look at the tyranny of party--at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty--a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes--and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master.

- "The Character of Man," Mark Twain's Autobiography

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

The Pubs have lost their way and are too much under the sway of the radical fundementalists, but to suggest a President ignore the other side of the aisle is retarded.

Radical fundamentalist?

Someone who believes in blowing people up because it is Allah's will is a radical fundamentalist. Someone who believes abortion is wrong is just someone who has a different opinion than some of the others do, and has a right to advocate that position as long as violence is not used.

#27 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

Radical fundamentalist?

Someone who believes in blowing people up because it is Allah's will is a radical fundamentalist. Someone who believes abortion is wrong is just someone who has a different opinion than some of the others do, and has a right to advocate that position as long as violence is not used.

no, that's a terrorist. nothing in the phrase radical fundamentalist implies violence.

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Radical fundamentalist are considered those that supports terrorist, or at least have similar goals. For example, in 1994/1995, the FBI started a unit whose purpose was to investigate groups such as Al Qaeda. They called it the RFU, or Radical Fundamentalist Unit. The DIA labeled Al Qaeda, Islamic Jihad, and Egyptian Islamic Jihad as radical fundamentalist groups that use terror.

While not all radical fundamentalist are terrorist, the two are considered related.

There are fundamentalist in the Christian world. They are not radical, unless you consider voting a radical thing.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 14 February 2009 - 12:00 PM.

#29 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

If the Islamic jihadists had an army like ours, they wouldn't have anything to do with the terrorists.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

If the Islamic jihadists had an army like ours, they wouldn't have anything to do with the terrorists.

Probably true, but so what? If they had a fleet of starships, they probably wouldn't use terrorist tactics either.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 14 February 2009 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.