Bumpity bump.

I hope you guys are getting prepared.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

IMO, nobody knows for certain what will happen. Most are predicting that 2009 will be a tough year, but 2010 will be better.

Irt the food problems, major shifts in the weather worry me more than the economic problems. A major drought such as the one that occurred during the great depression will make things far worse than they are now, in part because there is less farmland now in other parts of the country.

I wish that NC/SC would switch from tobacco to a food crop. Something tough and with less water needs.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 15 February 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#4 sack_attack

sack_attack

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

IMO, nobody knows for certain what will happen. Most are predicting that 2009 will be a tough year, but 2010 will be better.

Irt the food problems, major shifts in the weather worry me more than the economic problems. A major drought such as the one that occurred during the great depression will make things far worse than they are now, in part because there is less farmland now in other parts of the country.

I wish that NC/SC would switch from tobacco to a food crop. Something tough and with less water needs.

Or if marijunia were legal we could grow that and this nation would be able to solve its economic woes alot sooner than planned...

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

Maybe not, but at least we wouldn't care as much.

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,980 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

Maybe not, but at least we wouldn't care as much.

But someone, somewhere will have to grow food to cure the munchies.

#7 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

while a lot of his points have some merit, this isn't the Great Depression, heck it isn't even as bad as the 80's yet, now we do have a serious credit problem in America that can be fixed over night believe it or not, but it's just too bad that getting a politician of either political party to cut spending is like trying to get the fire fox crowed to shut up till there is an actual reason too fire him, not gonna happen.

On the Bright side I know enough about camping and fishing and what not that I could head out to eastern Carolina and just live out there till the whole thing blows over if I have too. I always wondered what it would be like to live as one of the settlers did when they first came to America.

#8 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

Keep your inflammatory John Fox talk out of the Tinderbox! This place is for serious conversation!

#9 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:18 AM

As long as I can afford ramen noodles, tuna and toilet paper I'll be sound as a pound, baby.

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Isn't that the guy that predicted the DOW would hit below 500 a few years back.

#11 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

nothing to see here...sideshow over.
There are many other guys who are dead on in trends/predictions.
Some continue to be on the outlandish side in hopes of one day getting it right.
Think about this. How quickly things would stabilize if across the board, from homes to credit cards your % were reduced for say a 3 yr window?
If you have cards charging 25% that was suddenly reduced to just 12 that is huge.
Banks and lenders are already having to reset thier profit margins.
Lots of work to do and tough times but I have alot of confidence in innovation, tech and more and more big wigs rolling up their sleeves and dare I say take more pay cuts?

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

It is the business of the future to be dangerous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.