• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

I just took one of those facebook quizzes...are you a Republican or Democrat....and it said I'm a conservative democrat. (sobs) I knew I shouldn't have answered yes to "Are you for gay marriage in all states?" And "not sure" to the abortion question. Oh the indignity of it all.

#2 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

Sounds like you need to take the quiz at the Libertarian website.

http://www.theadvoca...uizp/index.html

#3 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,145 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

people tend to be more liberal than they think they are.

#4 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

Part of the problem is the connotations the word "liberal" carries to some people politically speaking, IMO.

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

Conservatives are liberals when it comes to their own desires, just not others.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

Sounds like you need to take the quiz at the Libertarian website.

http://www.theadvoca...uizp/index.html

Tried that one and I answered M to almost all questions. It said I was for big government, but its to vague. For example, it said should there be laws regarding sex between consenting adults. Consenting adults imo should not be allowed to have sex in a public area in full view of everyone else, especially if they are ugly. :)

Had it added the phrase "in privacy" I would have agreed.

Or as another example, I don't believe someone should be allowed to publish the design of a nuclear weapon on the Internet, so I am not for complete freedom from government restrictions.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 14 February 2009 - 11:29 AM.

#7 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

I just took one of those facebook quizzes...are you a Republican or Democrat....and it said I'm a conservative democrat. (sobs) I knew I shouldn't have answered yes to "Are you for gay marriage in all states?" And "not sure" to the abortion question. Oh the indignity of it all.

You are in good company, a Jeffersonian Democrat is more conservative than the neo-cons of today

#8 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Tried that one and I answered M to almost all questions. It said I was for big government, but its to vague.

Yeah it's a tad too basic isn't it? I answered M to a few also. I think it's mainly to show that you may not be what you think you are politically.

#9 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:10 PM

Conservatives are liberals when it comes to their own desires, just not others.

Actually I'm just the opposite. I'm all for your right to kiss another man, just ask that you respect my boundaries.

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

See? That's why the test told you what you needed to know.

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

But I don't want to be a democrat. Conservatives have all the babes from Fox. Liberals have Helen Thomas and Bella Abzug and Hillary Clinton and the hags from The View. No wonder there are so many gay men on this side.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

Be what you want to be, polls don't mean a thing. :)

FWIW, I agree with the Libertarians on one or two issues, the Democrats on a few more, and agree with the Republicans on many of the rest. I am probably 50% republican, 35% democrat, 10% libertarian, and 5% none of the above.

#13 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Be what you want to be, polls don't mean a thing. :)

FWIW, I agree with the Libertarians on one or two issues, the Democrats on a few more, and agree with the Republicans on many of the rest. I am probably 50% republican, 35% democrat, 10% libertarian, and 5% none of the above.

I figure I'm about 50/50, truthfully. But my red meat issue is making people get off their lazy asses and work for a living, so I side with the old fuddy duddies.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

I figure I'm about 50/50, truthfully. But my red meat issue is making people get off their lazy asses and work for a living, so I side with the old fuddy duddies.

My major interest is in foreign policy, (not because its more important, just because I find it far more interesting than most domestic issues). But even there, my views run the gamut.

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

My major interest is in foreign policy, (not because its more important, just because I find it far more interesting than most domestic issues). But even there, my views run the gamut.

I wish foreign policy was as simple as "let's sit down with the other side and all will get better". Jimmy Carter taught me how fruitless that approach can be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.