Photo
- - - - -

Could/would Larry Brown coach at N C St?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 unicar15

unicar15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

Never send a women to do a man's job. I still find it comedic that State fans think they can lure Sean Miller from Arizona. Both he, and the AD have repeatedly stated he is happy at Arizona, and they are working to sign an extension this summer. He is going to be at the top of the Pac year after year, and get top 10 classes year after year, so why would he flee Arizona to go to the 3rd best program in NC? And don't give me that bullpoo "Amy Miller isn't happy in Arizona" because from everything i've read from credible AZ insiders say that is a false statement.

I hope you guys enjoy Shaka Smart as your future head coach. Hell, even Pat Summit has a better chance at becoming the NC state coach than Miller does.

IDT anyone has said that we WILL lure Sean Miller from Zona. I have no clue if Sean Miller is going to look around or not but you saying that he isn't because he "says" he isn't is ridiculous. What is he going to say the day before the biggest game of his coaching career?? "Yes I am indeed looking into other offers." Nobody knows anything right now other than Sean Miller and right now its a waiting game.

All I'll say is that I know for an absolute fact that our AD has been in contact with him about the coaching search. Whether the interest was reciprocal I have no clue. She did put herself out there though with the criteria she wants in the head coach. She set pretty high standards and usually when people are in that position they don't say stuff like that without having some sort of vibe with regard to what is going to happen.

That's not even to say that Miller is the guy she thinks will take the job maybe she has someone else that she is confident in and asking Miller is a formality because the boosters/money want her to ask him first. I really have no clue. All I know is that its naive to think there is no chance for him to leave AZ.

#42 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Then call me naive, because I don't think there is a chance in Hell he will leave Arizona this year. In our coaching search we set our standards high as well, and we almost hired Jim Boylen, Tim Floyd, or Seth buttfuging Greenburg. All State fans want to make an "A-list" hire but the fact of the matter is that it won't happen. You will get a very good Mid-major coach, and if he is fortunate enough, will once again make the program dominant like it once was.

#43 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

wow, i didnt think people neg repped anymore

#44 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Well then ya thought wrong!

#45 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

Then call me naive, because I don't think there is a chance in Hell he will leave Arizona this year. In our coaching search we set our standards high as well, and we almost hired Jim Boylen, Tim Floyd, or Seth buttfuging Greenburg. All State fans want to make an "A-list" hire but the fact of the matter is that it won't happen. You will get a very good Mid-major coach, and if he is fortunate enough, will once again make the program dominant like it once was.

You still aren't hearing what I'm saying. I'm not saying that Miller will come to State I am saying that he will listen. You are saying that he will dismiss the State job and not even listen and that just isn't the case.

If the guy would have "crawled to Raleigh for the job" 5 years ago (which has been reported) then he isn't going to dismiss another opportunity without even hearing what the offer is. He coached here, his brother played here...They have close ties to the program so to think that there is no chance in hell he leaves the oasis that is Tucson, Arizona is naive.

#46 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

http://blogs.newsobs...6#ixzz1HY71uHeF

Calipari calls NC State job "a teriffic one."

This is a respected job in the coaching community. For the average fan, no NC State is not an attractive job. But for the ultra-competitive coaching world going up against Duke and North Carolina is not a negative about the job...its a really good thing. If Arizona had gone 27-9 in the ACC and won the ACC title instead of the Pac 10 then guess what...they are probably sitting as a 2 seed getting ready to face Marquette. Instead, they are a 5 seed getting ready to play Duke in the Sweet 16. Playing Duke and Carolina 3+ times per year (total) has a lot of advantages. Beating them gives you MAJOR MAJOR respect so if a coach thinks he has what it takes to come in and make State a competitor with Duke and North Carolina then he'd be stupid not to take the job.

Let me also clarify that Calipari was low-balled by Lee Fowler the first time around. That dumbass didn't even offer to raise his salary from what he was making at Memphis...so we were dead in the water with him before we could even try to reel him in.

We hired Debbie Yow to make this hire. Everything else she does is just icing on the cake. THIS HIRE is where she will make her salary. I can guarantee you that during her interview she was asked if she had to replace Sid Lowe who would she be interviewing. If she had listed a bunch of mid majors then seh wouldn't have been hired.

Edited by unicar15, 24 March 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#47 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Full article here: http://www.charlotte...out-of-the.html

Cross Sean Miller off N.C. State's wish list.

Miller has declined to be interviewed for the Wolfpack's coaching vacancy, his father said Friday, and will remain at the University of Arizona...