• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers128

Sweet Sixteen

Hidden

Doesn't Coach K set the all time record if he wins the final game?

I'm thinking it's set in stone that Duke wins this whole thing.

K needs two wins to tie and three to break it.

2 to tie the record, 3 to beat it.

Yeah K got it all worked out before the season started.

In all fairness Mason Plumlee is better then anything Arizona has next to Williams and Arizona is not a big team at all. I look for Duke to go at Williams with both Plumlees and Kelly to try and get him in foul trouble and then Arizona will be in real trouble. I also look for Irving and Smith to take it hard to the basket and make plays. I think it will be a very good game but I also think Duke could blow it wide open.

Lol at the though of Kelly trying to do anything within 5 feet of the basket. All the dude does is camp outside the arc and jack up shots. And i'm not afraid of the brothers going at Derrick Williams. They're just not that good. All of their success will be against our other forward, Jesse Perry who is only around 6'7''.

Kelly is underrated inside. He can finish plays and has touch around the basket. Not that it really matters though. With the penetration and ball movement Duke's had lately, I imagine the bigs will be limited to wide open dunks and layups.

Lol at the though of Kelly trying to do anything within 5 feet of the basket. All the dude does is camp outside the arc and jack up shots. And i'm not afraid of the brothers going at Derrick Williams. They're just not that good. All of their success will be against our other forward, Jesse Perry who is only around 6'7''.

Wow, really? Kelly is shooting 63% and averaging 10ppg and 4rpg over the past 5 games. That is pretty efficient considering he is only getting about 21 minutes a game and is coming off the bench. I can live with Duke letting Williams get his we have done the same all year against Jordan Williams, we just stop everyone else. DW's 20 points will not beat Duke, it will be other guys stepping up and we need to control that to beat the Wildcats. What you need to be worried about is our penetration by our guards and that either leading to layups, fouls, or open looks from 3. If we can hit a fair amount of open shots and make foul shots I think we will control the game. Plus I like Coach K having the 4 days to prepare, where I get nervous is the next game with only a day in between to prepare.

Your guards are going to drive with ease. Our 2 guards are very shaky on defense. And of the games i've watched of Duke, the vast majority of Ryan Kelly's points are all jump shots. And yes, he does shoot a solid percentage. FWIW 4 rebounds is something you should have left out, he's 7 feet tall for christ's sake. It proves how tissue soft he is.

I stand by my prediction: Duke by 5.

Your guards are going to drive with ease. Our 2 guards are very shaky on defense. And of the games i've watched of Duke, the vast majority of Ryan Kelly's points are all jump shots. And yes, he does shoot a solid percentage. FWIW 4 rebounds is something you should have left out, he's 7 feet tall for christ's sake. It proves how tissue soft he is.

I stand by my prediction: Duke by 5.

I think it's funny you would laugh at 4 rebounds a game when DW is the only guy on your team that averages over 4 rebounds a game. Kelly has a nice mid range game and can hit jumpers, that doesn't make him soft that makes him a smart player. The thing is it is one game and either team can win but since I am a Duke fan I will go with Duke by 9.

What, you think i'm oblivious to my team's stats? When have I stated Arizona is a good rebounding team? We're somewhere in the 200's in rebounding per game. 4 rebounds per game for a center is fuging terrible. You can sugarcoat it however you would like, but it's not good. Even Stevie fuging Wonder can see that Ryan Kelly is tissue soft. And you're right he is a smart player, he goes to Duke for Christ's sake. But, that doesn't change the fact he is a big softie.

What, you think i'm oblivious to my team's stats? When have I stated Arizona is a good rebounding team? We're somewhere in the 200's in rebounding per game. 4 rebounds per game for a center is fuging terrible. You can sugarcoat it however you would like, but it's not good. Even Stevie fuging Wonder can see that Ryan Kelly is tissue soft. And you're right he is a smart player, he goes to Duke for Christ's sake. But, that doesn't change the fact he is a big softie.

He doesn't play center, he plays the 4 and he comes off the bench and plays 20 minutes a game so 4 rebounds isn't bad. He is no DW but he is very effective coming off the bench for us. Are you saying he is soft because he doesn't get over 4 rebounds per game or because he is a 6'11" guy that has a great mid range game and he uses it to his advantage?

Duke the only team in the tournament on it's third straight sweet sixteen according to ESPN. Kinda surprising with how many consistent programs there are.

TV schedules

Thursday, March 24

West Region

(CBS, Anaheim, Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery)

7:00 San Diego State vs Connecticut

9:45 Duke vs Arizona

Southeast Region

(TBS, New Orleans, Gus Johnson/Len Elmore)

7:20 Florida vs BYU

9:55 Wisconsin vs Butler

Friday, March 25

East Region

(CBS, Newark, Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg)

7:00 North Carolina vs Marquette

9:45 Ohio State vs Kentucky

Southwest Region

(TBS, San Antonio, Marv Albert/Steve Kerr)

7:20 Kansas vs Richmond

9:55 Florida State vs VCU

Jim Calhoun 0-7 playing in the opposing team's home state in the tournament (San Diego St. is the opponent and Anaheim is where the venue is located, so California this time)

I have a hard time believing they'll lose though.