Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Source: Panthers leaning to stick w/Clausen & pick Dareus

275 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

RT @ZReportDraft: Sources say Panthers leaning towards sticking w/ Claussen & waiting for QB. Scouts saying "put Dareus 1 & keep him there"

They were the same ones who reported people were questioning Cam's leadership cuz of the TD run in the BCS game. It did come up in the interview process.

Posted · Report post

at this point i will be happy with who ever they draft just to get this over with........ugh

Posted · Report post

thats what we need to do, qbs suck this year anyway

Posted · Report post

Rivera can't take that kind of gamble....not starting his NFL HC career. Whether you love or hate Clausen......you can't as a new coach ride him this next season. Won't happen.

Posted · Report post

this should be a good thread.

Posted · Report post

Makes sense, the whole Cam thing does smell like a bluff to see if they can entice a team (cough...Bengals...cough) into trading up.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would be satisfied.

PP is my favorite pick, but Dareus sure as hell is a monster.

I am not suprised by this news, Rivera did say we would draft according to biggest postion of need, right?

IMO, our rush defense was more of a liability than our QB play. We have some great weapons on offense and a new coordinator than may be able to use all of those players to their potental, encluding Clausen and Edwards.

Posted · Report post

Dareus fills a massivehole at DT, especially if we can't attract any FAs.

No Camera Newperson please :(

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would be satisfied.

I am not suprised by this news, Rivera did say we would draft according to biggest postion of need, right?

IMO, our rush defense was more of a liability than our QB play. We have some great weapons on offense and a new coordinator than may be able to use all of those players to their potental, encluding Clausen and Edwards.

the 8th ranked defense in the league, is surely not as big as a problem as the 32nd ranked offense, QB play was horrible :cool:

Posted · Report post

I would be satisfied.

drugs are bad, mmkay.

Posted · Report post

Makes no since unless they can get a high second. LOL I remember all the years they said we were drafting a TE also.

Posted · Report post

Doubt it I would believe this to be true if we still had Fox to be honest with the reports of our team wanting to have a more aggressive identity or what not.

Our Defense is not a MAJOR issue while he would be a good pick and would contribute we have bigger needs..April 28th seems to be taking forever and a day to come around SMH.