Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Source: Panthers leaning to stick w/Clausen & pick Dareus

276 posts in this topic

Posted

Racism is a joke. It's too ridiculous to be taken seriously.

Boy, that is a bold statement. There are a lot of people that would strongly disagree with that statement. Including myself.

I agree that people who don't like Cam Newton aren't inherently racist. But to claim racism is a joke is a joke in itself.

Posted

Racism is a joke. It's too ridiculous to be taken seriously. Only by taking it seriously and making a constant freaking hooplah about it do we empower racist morons, and continue to allow it to exist.

People who don't want a player drafted to their favorite football team because of color do exist im sure. But assuming that everyone that doesn't like that player is a racist; is actually quite racist.

Hitler agree's

Posted

Boy, that is a bold statement. There are a lot of people that would strongly disagree with that statement. Including myself.

I agree that people who don't like Cam Newton aren't inherently racist. But to claim racism is a joke is a joke in itself.

Point taken. I guess I should have said racism should be a joke. Racist people are a joke.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh yea Im drinking on Schlitz malt liqueor btw...cause thats what my people like to drink :dita:

I drink that Billy Dee Williams aka Colt 45

Posted

another thread ruined by people bringing racism into the discussion

/exits

Posted

BPA pick (not QB) or trade down. Vet QB.Once we get the CBA it will be done quick.

Posted

Have you all thought and wondered why Gabbert held his pro day indoors, when it was reported that the wind was gusty in Columbia the day of his pro-day? Have you all thought to yourself why would Mel Kiper call Cam Newton a one year wonder, and Jimmy Clausen never had consecutive good seasons at Notre Dame. He was HORRIBLE his freshman and sophmore years. Speaking of Jimmy Clausen I want you all to watch this
, and tell me what does his high school footage have in common with his professional footage...

I didn't read your post but I did watch the video and I got confused because for a while I thought that was Cam Newton throwing all those screens, check downs, and streaks to wide open receivers.

Cam=The Jimmy?

Posted

blahblahblah

You are so incredibly wrong it hurts, dude. Your entire premise is built that people don't want Cam Newton because... I don't even know.

You seem to think that everyone wants either Clausen, Gabbert, or Newton. You're insane.

Some of us just think that we would be a better team if we drafted Dareus or another player and got quarterback competition through FA.

As a note, some of us have seen Gabbert play. Some of us have watched him for two years. Some of us like him a lot. Almost none of us want him at #1. Some just would rather have him than Newton, which isn't necessarily saying much. I'm Gabberts biggest defender on these boards and I wouldn't draft him #1 overall.

edit: Clausen wasn't a one year wonder. His numbers weren't amazing his sophmore year, sure, but they weren't terrible. He may have been terrible, but it wasn't due to his stats... :P

Posted

I'm Gabberts biggest defender on these boards

truth__splash.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

it's true. I'm a Gabbert homer, and I readily admit it. I've got family ties to Mizzou and I've been watching him for a couple years. I like the guy, I think he's going to have a bright future, but I think this situation would just not go over well for him and I feel that way about every quarterback at #1. We already have incredible youth at QB. We have gaping holes elsewhere. The QBs this year have some major ?'s. So let's try to shore up the QB spot through other means for this year and go with another player that can make a big impact.

Posted

Our fanbase is too much of a pussy to take risks

Really? This coming from the same person who doesn't want to see how our current qb's work out.

So which risk is okay, and which isn't? Please let us know so we know which side of that fence we are.

We have two young qbs already on the roster. But we can't wait for them to develope, so let's draft another qbb just for the sake of drafting another qb. Let's also hope that he doesn't take a year to show anything, or you and evryone else will be clammering for another qb next year.

This team does take risks. You are one of the first to blast them when those risks don't work out....yet let's take another risk on another qb. Hell, let's draft 20 qb's. One is bound to work out! That won't work either, as you and everybody else has no patience.

the team has taken risks. It'd be nice to see how those risks pan out before bringing on another project at the same position.

I won't be mad if the panthers do go qb with their first pick, even though I don't want them to. What happens if the panthers draft a stud player instead of going project qb?

Posted

all you racist's need to take lessons from david allen coe, or shut up.

Of course it would be better for all just to shut your racists pie hole.