Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captroop

Office Etiquette Debate: The Microwave

39 posts in this topic

My solution?

I bought one for like 50 bucks at the hardware store, with a coupon it was damn near free. Put it next to my mini-fridge....

no more issues with disgusting common fridge or microwave.

I would starve before I put anything I was going to eat in either a common microwave or refrigerator.

the Keurigs are awesome!

you should also consider unplugging your vibrator and plugging in a microwave instead

My vibrator is battery operated, stupid.

It's the air pump for my inflatable office wife that's draining all the power.

1 person likes this

We have a co-worker that's everything-intolerant and the poo he puts in the microwave smells absolutely awful, even though it's "organic, dude!"

My vibrator is battery operated, stupid.

It's the air pump for my inflatable office wife that's draining all the power.

well....excuuuuuse me. I thought your inflatable office wife would have been in the kitchen where it belongs

2 people like this

well....excuuuuuse me. I thought your inflatable office wife would have been in the kitchen where it belongs

i really hate it when people don't clean the office wife out.

1 person likes this

Win.

No room in my cube for a microwave. And even if I had an office, I think we have power restrictions in our building that limit the number of appliances we can have plugged in our offices.

I am strongly considering buying a Keurig, though.

Your cube must be tiny, since my 'wave is not much bigger than a few big books stacked up.

The mini fridge sits under the desk.

As far as the power restrictions...we used to have those in the college dorm, we called those "guidelines" rather than "rules".

Screw you; you're on your own when it comes to the microwave. I'll break all those rules and laugh about it in your face!

P.S. I never use the microwave.

Your cube must be tiny, since my 'wave is not much bigger than a few big books stacked up.

The mini fridge sits under the desk.

As far as the power restrictions...we used to have those in the college dorm, we called those "guidelines" rather than "rules".

Great, now I'm self conscious about the size of my cube. But I've never heard my office wife complain about how small it is.

I work in contracts, so my cube is actually full of biinders. Not enough room for even the most modestly sized microwave, especially since I have a dual monitor setup. Maybe I could stash it under my desk, but I'd rather not have an appliance emitting radiation that close to my crotch, at least not until I've had a few kids. But on the plus side, I'm friends with the facilities management guy, so I was able to knock down one of my cube walls a la Office Space.

unless you're making your own drinks and snacks from things grown on your own property you're still an establishment pawn.

Well for this exercise...I'm just trying to stand up to the establishment I work for.

6. Clean up your sh*t when it splatters...

This is yet another reason I'm glad only two other people work here with me.

That is the same rule and number for public restrooms.

The microwave is not a watercooler. COOK YOUR JUNK AND MOVE ALONG.

Also, if you want to reenact a scene from Scanners, stop talking on your cell while standing right beside the microwave. Self combustion much?