Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Yasinskas Speculation: "Real Chance" Smith is Traded

197 posts in this topic

I'm sorry but, smith must still think he's a force to be reckon with. Look at how many balls he dropped after b*tching about not getting the ball. No one will pay him the amount of money he's already contracted in.

Smitty is tah best WR in the game!!!1111 Name 5 WRs better!!!

*points to a whole ton of guys*

OMG those dont count!!!!

Only 2 to 4 were named who are better.

Easy...

Fitzgerald

A. Johnson

Wayne

Welker

White

Marshall

C. Johnson

Definitely a no on Wayne and Welker. I don't doubt that Smith isn't as fast as he was, but if you put him on NE the excitement alone will probably juice a "prime" year out of him. The guy was fine in 2009 and would have had another 1000 yd season if it wasn't for Jake sucking ass and Smith not having a #2. If Smith had Moore all season he probably would have reached 1000 yds in 2010 as well.

You don't go from top 3 to bottom of the half of the league/Hines Ward mode in 2 seasons. Not the way he did, he hasn't had any injuries that would effect his burst or speed. I think he's got at about 2 more years of being able to pwn CB's as a #1.

if you don't understand that a WR needs the ball thrown to him to succeed, then there is no help for you.

Well, yards PER CATCH should be the yardstick then.

Tied for 145th :eek:

I remember at one point he was tied for YAC with Kevin Boss lol

edit: just checked, looks like Boss overtook him finishing the season. Boss #81 overall YAC, Smitty #87

Anybody that watches the game, knows that Steve Smith is a top 5 WR. If you don't know that, then I can't help you, but if you don't understand that a WR needs the ball thrown to him to succeed, then there is no help for you.

Right so Wayne, Welker, and White are better then. Glad you see the light.

Definitely a no on Wayne and Welker. I don't doubt that Smith isn't as fast as he was, but if you put him on NE the excitement alone will probably juice a "prime" year out of him. The guy was fine in 2009 and would have had another 1000 yd season if it wasn't for Jake sucking ass and Smith not having a #2. If Smith had Moore all season he probably would have reached 1000 yds in 2010 as well.

You don't go from top 3 to bottom of the half of the league/Hines Ward mode in 2 seasons. Not the way he did, he hasn't had any injuries that would effect his burst or speed. I think he's got at about 2 more years of being able to pwn CB's as a #1.

Wayne has been over 1,000 yards for 7 years. Hasnt been below 1100 since 2005. Welker has been over 1,000 3 of the past 4 seasons. Thats over half of many times Smith has had in 10 seasons, which is 5 by the way. Dismissing guys because of the team their on is weak at best.

Playing if games are so stupid. Of course when you discredit everyone else someone brings up and make up a hypothetical situation in favor of your guy, your arguement just looks better and better. However facts don't lie or make up things.

Lol man give Manning Steve Smith for the past 10 years and Smitty's a HOF.

Welker is a slot receiver used by a competent coach and top 2 QB. Smith would have made a joke of Welker in NE.

And Colbert would've been a great WR for us if he knew how to catch