Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Kickoff change has been approved by the competition committee

62 posts in this topic

players complain about the game being dangerous and in return want to be paid a fortune but when the owners try to make the game less dangerous they still complain.

clearly kickoff returns are some of the most dangerous plays in football. thomas davis nearly killed some guy on the packers with a ridiculously unnecessary hit

Owners have also voted to make all scoring plays subject to booth review. Coaches will no longer need to use challenges on these plays.

They have also, for the moment, set aside proposed expansions of the "defenseless receiver" rule.

(no problem for me with either of these things)

That's a good thing IMO. But if they don't speed it up like it is in college. An 80 point game will take an extra hour...

Let's just put the flags around their waists, start them at the 20, give em four downs to do something, then switch it up.

Way to take the "special" out of special teams.

Why not just elinimate kick offs all together, and have the offenses always start at the 20.

Nobody is looking at to draft a Kick returner number one.

Especially one that has said he doesn't have a great desire to return KO's from the beginning.

He won't lose any value.

He has openly stated he would like to play/make impacts anywhere he can, including kickoff. This is fairly common information from the interviews nfln did during the combine.

Peterson was on Total Access on NFLN last night. He said that he's been asked by teams about the return game during interviews at the combine. He prefers to do punt returns and not kick returns.

I watched, and didn't hear that. I've also seen him in multiple interview with nfln during the combine, that he wanted and would play anywhere the team wants him to, including returning.

He has openly stated he would like to play/make impacts anywhere he can, including kickoff. This is fairly common information from the interviews nfln did during the combine.

"I don't want to play kick (off) returner in the NFL -- too much exposure,’’ Peterson said. “So I believe I'll be better and more of a threat at punt return. Obviously, that's where I scored twice this year. No kickoffs."

ORLY_icon236.jpg

Rhys Lloyd just filed for unemployment.

Way to take the "special" out of special teams.

Danny Crossman sure as hell did.

Still convinced he was some how related to Fox.

1993 was the last season in which the NFL kicked off from the 35. In 1994 they bumped it back to the 30 to allow for more returns and more excitement. Looks like we can expect a significant decrease in return stats.

1993 - 68.4% KO's returned

1994 - 88.4% KO's returned

1993 - 4 KO returns

1994 - 14 KO returns

2010 - 23 KO returns

Mike and Mike this morning talked about how much Cribbs and Hester hate this as well as some others like Leon Washington. I stand by statement that PP7 lost some value with this. Maybe not as much as those other guys, but at least a little. And what now of Armanti Edwards. Our 33rd pick is looking even better now huh.