Photo
- - - - -

QB Poll [Excluding Gabbert/Newton]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#25 nagai

nagai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

I said it before and I say it again - I like Dalton... a lot. I really think he has all the tools.

I wonder how much Mallet's lack of mobility would hurt him in the Air Croyell system. I remember how Carson Palmer's abilities dropped after he had that knee injury.

#26 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Pike.

Oh, he's not on the list?

He's already a Panther?

Then I wouldn't want the Panthers to take a qb in the later rounds..

Let's develop what we have, first.

#27 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

take mallet out of it. he won't be around in the 3rd. pick from the other guys if you're talking about taking a DT or PP with the first and a QB in the 3rd. Mallet will go in the late 1st or definantly in the second by one of those top 10 teams who didn't get gabbert or newton in the first.

#28 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

Pike.

Oh, he's not on the list?

He's already a Panther?

Then I wouldn't want the Panthers to take a qb in the later rounds..

Let's develop what we have, first.

We could, but Pike doesn't have either the build or the arm to be a starting QB. These guys in my eyes are closer to a Colt McCoy than a Pike and have wayy more upside at not that big of risk as mentioned.

take mallet out of it. he won't be around in the 3rd. pick from the other guys if you're talking about taking a DT or PP with the first and a QB in the 3rd. Mallet will go in the late 1st or definantly in the second by one of those top 10 teams who didn't get gabbert or newton in the first.

I stated my opinion bout the group, but was just trying to see who people like out of the rest, not who they want for our second pick in particular...and I'm not expecting what I think to actually happen but thought I'd share. cheers. :)

Edited by Beach, 23 March 2011 - 12:21 PM.

#29 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

We could, but Pike doesn't have either the build or the arm to be a starting QB. These guys in my eyes are closer to a Colt McCoy than a Pike and have wayy more upside at not that big of risk as mentioned.

Where do you get that he has a weak arm? He can throw better than jake ever did. He has a good frame to put some weight on.

He came from a spread offense, so he needed time to work in a pro style offense, and put some bulk on his big frame so he can with stand the wear and tear in the nfl.

But I understand, you walk you talk down on a qb that is on our roster, that ya don't know well enough to comment on, so you can talk up some rookie prospects you know even less about!!

Thanks for your input.

#30 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Where do you get that he has a weak arm? He can throw better than jake ever did. He has a good frame to put some weight on.

He came from a spread offense, so he needed time to work in a pro style offense, and put some bulk on his big frame so he can with stand the wear and tear in the nfl.

But I understand, you walk you talk down on a qb that is on our roster, that ya don't know well enough to comment on, so you can talk up some rookie prospects you know even less about!!

Thanks for your input.

I'm just trying to be neutral bro. You're being a dick

I essentially showed my opinion which is as meaningless as everyone elses at this stage in the game. ;)

#31 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

And really...are you trying to say you wouldn't bring in a Ryan Mallett or Kaepernick type to battle for QB? Its not that big of a reach & clearly a possibility imo. Look at how Clausen played last year and additionally tell me why we went out and got that random dude on the couch instead of Pike. He's not starter material.

And our coaches (some positional) have gone to seen Kaepernick & Mallet and will probably meet with at least Mallet again. That shows there's at least some level of interest.