Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New research shows Panthers fans to be the least loyal in NFL

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Heard this earlier on WFNZ. We're 32 out of 32, New England's #1:

http://www.brandkeys.com/awards/sports.cfm

I think if we're talking right this second, I can't argue with that. Last season it got to the point where you had people posting about how they were mocked for wearing Panthers gear....in the city of Charlotte. However, I was there for that MNF game vs. Tampa Bay back in '08. If this team gives us ANYTHING, we'll support them.

Posted

Lies, all lies.....

*puts Stealers Jersey back in the closet*

Posted

Ranking Browns fans in the bottom five tells me that survey is flawed.

That, plus they're selling their services...

The Brand Keys Sports Loyalty Engagement Index® helps professional sports teams increase their broadcast, ticket and merchandise revenues by providing the precise loyalty rankings of fans in the home (and national) market.

Call or e-mail us to initiate the Sports Loyalty Engagement Index research process, or to request more information.

Posted

I try to not get information from websites that do not appear to have been updated since 1995.

Posted

Ranking Browns fans in the bottom five tells me that survey is flawed.

That, plus they're selling their services...

Browns, Raiders and Redskins fans on the bottom of the list make me very suspicious about their methodology.

Posted

That's a b.s. measurement. It's obviously measuring popularity, not loyalty. The top teams are all teams that have been good recently. Washington would be in the top 5 if this poll was any good.

Loyal means you stick with the team through thick and thin. Good teams like the Patriots have loyal fans AND bandwagon fans because the team is a perennial playoff contender, so that inflates their popularity. The Panthers only have loyal fans because we suck right now. The only way to know which team has more loyal fans is if the Patriots had a 1-15 season this year, then compare the number or loyal fans versus our loyal fans.

Posted

Fug it I'm outta here!!!

Posted

Browns, Raiders and Redskins fans on the bottom of the list make me very suspicious about their methodology.

exactly.

we also had the worst team in the NFL and that was coming off a disappointing 09 season and no games were blackout. How many games do you think the Bucs and Jags had combined this year......

Posted

People trying really hard to make their company relevant. Yet, they're not. Sounds like they're just judging it off teams that have recently had a rough stretch vs teams that haven't - pretty dumb methodology to judge fans by.

Posted

I try to not get information from websites that do not appear to have been updated since 1995.

You're missing so much good stuff on MySpace.

1 person likes this

Posted

who cares about the rest of the fan base?

I know I'll bleed electric blue until I die...

1 person likes this

Posted

The chargers and vikings have a hard time selling out when they're good.

That alone should put them at the bottom.