Photo
- - - - -

Lmao the players have their wives crying for them now.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

Well if her husband made multi millions it would be different. You aren't going to find any working class who have any common sense feeling sorry for the rich.

Good thing I never said they should huh?

BTW: ever figure out what a "real job" is?

#77 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

FYI Cops and Firemen have huge unions that look out for them just like the players.

Not always.

Honestly, you sound like you're just talking out of your ass.

Edited by Dock, 24 March 2011 - 07:57 AM.

#78 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

I am on the owner's side, but I find it humorous to compare the salaries of police officers, firemen, & coal miners to NFL players.

The only way you could compare what they do and say they deserve NFL money would be if 74,000 people bought a ticket to watch the police raid a crack house or "fans" bought a $350 club level ticket to go get a BBQ sandwich, a frosty brew, and a jumbo pretzel to go watch firemen put out a burning building and save a baby. Or maybe you would prefer to purchase a jersey of Juan the coal miner because he works really hard in dangerous conditions.

If our salaries were based on whether we impacted the world or how dangerour our job was, we would all be high flying stuntmen helping out the tsunami victims in Japan... GETTING PAID!

#79 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,201 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

Not always.

Honestly, you sound like you're just talking out of your ass.

So they don't have unions?

Here's a list of them just in NC. maroon.

North Carolina
State Local 0032 - Prof. Fire Fighters and Paramedics of North Carolina
Local 129 - Wilmington , NC Firefighters Association
Local 548 - Raleigh , NC Professional Fire Fighters Association
Local 660 - Charlotte , NC Fire Fighters Association
Local 668 - Durham , NC Professional Firefighters
Local 673 - High Point, NC Professional Firefighters
Local 682 - Winston-Salem , NC Professional Fire Fighters Assoc
Local 865 - Asheville , NC Fire Fighters
Local 1867 - Greenville , NC Professional Firefighters Association
Local 2653 - Hickory , NC Fire Fighters Association
Local 3286 - Outer Banks, NC Professional Fire Fighters
Local 3861 - Sanford , NC Association of Professional Firefighters
Local 4103 - Cary , NC Professional Firefighters
Local 4124 - Crystal Coast , NC Professional Firefighters
Local 4463 - Professional Fire Fighters of Shelby, NC
Local 4576 - New Hanover County, NC Pro. Fire Fighters Association

Edited by Panthro, 24 March 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#80 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

how can anybody take a side? players have stupid money and owners have LONG money.

#81 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,201 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

how can anybody take a side? players have stupid money and owners have LONG money.

Chris Rock talking about rich people. :)

#82 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Good thing I never said they should huh?

BTW: ever figure out what a "real job" is?

not pro sports that is for sure.

#83 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

So they don't have unions?

Here's a list of them just in NC. maroon.

North Carolina
State Local 0032 - Prof. Fire Fighters and Paramedics of North Carolina
Local 129 - Wilmington , NC Firefighters Association
Local 548 - Raleigh , NC Professional Fire Fighters Association
Local 660 - Charlotte , NC Fire Fighters Association
Local 668 - Durham , NC Professional Firefighters
Local 673 - High Point, NC Professional Firefighters
Local 682 - Winston-Salem , NC Professional Fire Fighters Assoc
Local 865 - Asheville , NC Fire Fighters
Local 1867 - Greenville , NC Professional Firefighters Association
Local 2653 - Hickory , NC Fire Fighters Association
Local 3286 - Outer Banks, NC Professional Fire Fighters
Local 3861 - Sanford , NC Association of Professional Firefighters
Local 4103 - Cary , NC Professional Firefighters
Local 4124 - Crystal Coast , NC Professional Firefighters
Local 4463 - Professional Fire Fighters of Shelby, NC
Local 4576 - New Hanover County, NC Pro. Fire Fighters Association

Ok, OT. Does anyone actually use the word Maroon anymore or are you just channeling bugs bunny? :D

#84 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

I don't hate the players but plenty of stay at home wives/moms have shed tears over the job situations of their husbands the last few years and a very small percentage of those have had the opportunity to save like these players have.

#85 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Its all about greed, people just WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT. That's what is wrong with America today, a few people got greedy and didn't care about anyone else but themselves.

You sound very bitter.

If you want something, go get it. That's what makes this country great.

#86 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

You sound very bitter.

If you want something, go get it. That's what makes this country great.

I'm pretty sure what makes this country great is exceptional fast food and exceptional dance moves.

#87 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

If they wanted a safe career they should have stayed in college and got a degree. They're getting paid millions to do what every other man in America would love to do for a living. Stop whining or gtfo out of the league.

#88 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,201 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

If they wanted a safe career they should have stayed in college and got a degree. They're getting paid millions to do what every other man in America would love to do for a living. Stop whining or gtfo out of the league.

Says the guy who can't run a skinny post against Revis

#89 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Speaking for myself here, I’m a disabled vet and a combat veteran. I spent my life doing what many people would never do. I was part of the 82nd Airborne and I spent my days training and jumping from high altitudes for little pay and little reward. The Army treated me very well throughout my career until I was received a severe spinal injury. I’m now no longer in the Army, I deal with the VA Hospital and it’s the worst thing you can imagine.

I’m 38 and I have arthritis in my hips, knees, ruptured disc’s in my spine degenerative disc disorder, Depression, PTSD, I have no retirement since I was medically discharged from the Army do to my injuries.

So for me to understand what she is talking about, I can. I joined the Army at 17. It’s what I wanted to do with my life. I was an outstanding paratrooper until my injuries prevented me from doing my job. Then the Army and my command treated me like a piece of poo.

There are days I can’t walk and dress myself; I miss work a lot due to severe pain in my lower and upper spine. If I need to see a Dr. at the VA hospital, it could take months to do so or I have to go to the VA emergency room just to have the Dr.'s and staff there yell and complain to me why I did not go to my clinic.

So what I’m getting at is. I went in thinking that a country that I loved so much to put my life on the line every single day would take care of me if anything happened. I’m here to tell that has not happened and I’m not the only disabled vet going through this. Some are better off since they have full benefits from retirement. But troopers like me are screwed.

It’s the same thing with the NFL. No one forced me to join the Army and no one forced them to play football. But as I expected the Army to take care of me the way I took care of it, the players expected the NFL to take care of them.

Yes the players can make a lot of money throughout their careers. But then again the average NFL players career last no more than 3 1/2 years. Some play for the league minimum and then that gets the hell taxed out it. Very few players are out there making $10Mil a year. Some are terrible about investing the money for the future (Up brining is at fault here).

I read a post here that it does not cost a lot of money to insure yourself and family. I’m here to tell you it does. If I did not have the job that I a have, It would cost me over $1500 -$2000 a month to ensure myself and my family of 3 due to the physical condition I’m in. I’m a higher risk than the average 38 year man.

Oh and for the hater up there that shows he lack of respect for these players, football players is the generation’s gladiators. They throw all of themselves into a sport that we all here love to watch each and every Sunday. So if you consider yourself a football fan and talk about the players they way you do, you take your ass out there and play a game where a 300lb DT can out run you pick you up and slam you to the ground so hard he break your spine. Play a game with players out there like Harrison from the Steelers who makes it clear that he is not concerned if he injures another player or not. He makes it clear he is trying to hurt the offensive players. To me the men earn every single damn dollar they are paid. MLB players make more money than the NFL players. And there is a third of the risk for fatal injury with them short of a 100mph fastball hitting the in the face.

You remind me of the protestors around Ft. Bragg that protests the soldiers returning home. Or the assholes that protests a fallen soldiers funeral because they don’t believe in why we are fighting this war. Your anger and frustration is directed to the wrong people just like theirs. And you can say what you want about this, but its not you that is out there in a combat zone weather on a football field or in the dessert. It’s not you that has a wife helping you get dressed in the morning or helping you off the toilet because you can’t stand. It’s not you who sees his kids crying because they are worried if their father is going to be ok. It’s not you who has to worry about dying and leaving your family in your 30’s or 40’s. Just like all of our Disabled veterans in the country right now needing the help from the American people the NFL players need the help as well. The greedy ass owners are the ones at fault for this CBA not being passed.

The one thing the Players asked for is full discloser of all 32 teams’ finances. And they have been repeatedly told no. If you think that the owners are not hiding a ton of money then the people supporting the owners in this are just crazy. That’s the main point in the letter that this players wife wrote. The owner only care about the business side of the game and not the people (Players, and fans) that make the game happen.

#90 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

not pro sports that is for sure.

have you???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.