Photo
- - - - -

Bills Believe Cam Is Their Franchise QB

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

As a Bills fan... I hope he's not there when we pick. You can have Newton.

As a Panther fan... 2-14 really sucked for us last year. How do you guys cope with it every year?

#17 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Well since the Bills are my other team, I am going to be fuged either way. One of the two is going to be dumb enough to take this clown.

#18 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Smokescreen... they really want Gabbert.

#19 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

LOL a Bills fan said 'We better hope Gailey is Jesus Christ because trying to turn Cam Newton into a Franchise QB is going to be harder than turning Water into wine'. I agree!

#20 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

Trade down for their first and second? okay sure.

#21 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

The Bills are usually rather direct about their needs/wants.

The answer to the riddle was "Smokescreen", or "Speculation," works too.

Technically, the Bills would be wise to trade with us since Denver has suggested they are in the market for a QB too. Besides, they must think we are going QB. They know that Denver could trade the pick to Cincinnati, Arizona, Tennessee, SF, etc. and they are left out. It would only cost them a second rounder, I suppose, to move up. We could REALLY use a second rounder (Pause to give reader opportunity to hate on Hurney for 15 seconds)
this year.

Buffalo going after CAM makes perfect sense for that franchise. Think outside the box. He is developmental and they have a hot hand right now, so he can develop. However, he is a HUGE name that will sell tickets IMMEDIATELY. Buffalo lacks a face of the franchise. They need to sell tickets to keep from becoming the Toronto Bills (makes no sense) or the Los Angeles NFL team. The people of Buffalo remember a brash, cocky qb who took them to 4 consecutive super bowls. Despite the needs of the team position-wise, Buffalo needs Cam Newton worse than any other team needs any player.

#22 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

Two first, a second, and Ryan Fitz

#23 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

Beat me to it. They are coercing us to trade our pick so they can get Gabbert. This news would not have gotten out so easily if it were true.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hopefully they'll trade up, if we get their 2nd I'm happy. Take best DT available at 3 and smile like a mo fug.

#25 InDaZone

InDaZone

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

As a Panther fan... 2-14 really sucked for us last year. How do you guys cope with it every year?

Actually we usually go 7-9 ... but i was hoping for 0-16 last year thinking Luck would come out of school. Thank god that didn't happen cause I would have went nuts when he decided to go back to school.

After a decade of sucking... you get use to it.

#26 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Trade the pick..take Gabbert and a bunch of picks from them.

#27 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Hopefully they'll trade up, if we get their 2nd I'm happy. Take best DT available at 3 and smile like a mo fug.

How, in the name of all that is Holy, can you keep claiming that Cam Newton is garbage, yet you actually believe there is a chance that this fantasy trade will happen? I just don't get the logic here.

#28 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Sometimes I think we are the same person

#29 InDaZone

InDaZone

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

Beat me to it. They are coercing us to trade our pick so they can get Gabbert. This news would not have gotten out so easily if it were true.

I agree. I don't really believe the Bills want Newton. Gailey is not going to handicap himself with a QB like that. He likes mobile athletic guys.... but not guys that he's going to have to completely teach the game to. I really think the Bills want Gabbert. His spread offense at Mizzou is closer to what the Bills ran last year. The Bills threw 65% of the time out of the gun with 4 and 5 WR's.

#30 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

How, in the name of all that is Holy, can you keep claiming that Cam Newton is garbage, yet you actually believe there is a chance that this fantasy trade will happen? I just don't get the logic here.

Not everyone is as wise as us. Maybe they want to sell jerseys instead of win games?

They need to re energize their franchise more than win right now. We are closer to winning and don't need to be set back. Cam would at least bring buzz to them. We don't need buzz. We have talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com