#31 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Maybe Gailey, as widely reported, is enamored with Cam and desperately needs to do something at QB and to put asses in the seats.

#32 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

How, in the name of all that is Holy, can you keep claiming that Cam Newton is garbage, yet you actually believe there is a chance that this fantasy trade will happen? I just don't get the logic here.

Because no one on the huddle makes decisions for the Bills. Is it that hard to understand?

#33 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

the better all these players keep looking the better off we are. I don't care who wants who or for what reason. Most of you people are missing the point. A very large % of draft jabber from franchises is not entirely accurate. The quieter and more on the fence we are the better our bargaining power becomes.

And in light of labor wars, crying wives, and douche bag attorneys whining in court about football, this is a business and when you have a chip you have to play it for all its worth

#34 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

Because no one on the huddle makes decisions for the Bills. Is it that hard to understand?

It it so hard to understand that the rest of the NFL does not exist to serve the Panthers? Seriously, when was the last time another NFL team made a draft day trade with the Panthers that only helped the Panthers?

#35 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hopefully they'll trade up, if we get their 2nd I'm happy. Take best DT available at 3 and smile like a mo fug.

If we trade with Buffalo, Denver will still take Dareus at #2. And we are double fugged.

#36 InDaZone

InDaZone

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

Maybe Gailey, as widely reported, is enamored with Cam and desperately needs to do something at QB and to put asses in the seats.

The Bills don't need to put people in the seats. They have been selling out games for the last decade of sucking...

#37 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

It it so hard to understand that the rest of the NFL does not exist to serve the Panthers? Seriously, when was the last time another NFL team made a draft day trade with the Panthers that only helped the Panthers?

All it takes is for one team to believe he's their guy. Just because some posters on the Carolina Huddle thinks that Cam Newton is garbage doesn't mean everyone does. In fact, a lot of people think he is franchise caliber. Obviously there are teams that want him and there may be teams that want him badly.

#38 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

It has nothing to do with serving anyone other than the Bills and whether or not they believe he'll be there at three and if he's worth trading up for. Panthers would merely be the beneficiary of holding the top pick in that scenario.

#39 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

All it takes is for one team to believe he's their guy. Just because some posters on the Carolina Huddle thinks that Cam Newton is garbage doesn't mean everyone does. In fact, a lot of people think he is franchise caliber. Obviously there are teams that want him and there may be teams that want him badly.

I think Cam could be good with time.. but we don't have time to watch him develop. Which is why we should not trade with the Bills to let them select Gabbert. It's too risky to trade... just take the guy you want at #1.

#40 BoJangles34

BoJangles34

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

I live in Buffalo and I fully believe if we don't take Cam, the Bills will. Gailey has been raving about Newton and it seems like he likes him. The opinion of him locally is about as diverse as it is on here, but the majority seem to not want him. I'd be shocked to see the Bills trade up for him, they seem to like Gabbert too as of last so they would just sit and take him I think. Just want to give you guys what I know

#41 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Now if only we had a smart front office that could throw a curve and make everyone think we really wanted him, then we could trade the pick to buffalo and make them over-pay for it and in the end say we weren't even going to draft him anyway.... We could still draft whoever we wanted, and pick up more picks in the process....

Swap firsts, get their second and 5th and the whole AE thing will be like it never existed and we would get a free 5th

#42 BoJangles34

BoJangles34

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

Now if only we had a smart front office that could throw a curve and make everyone think we really wanted him, then we could trade the pick to buffalo and make them over-pay for it and in the end say we weren't even going to draft him anyway.... We could still draft whoever we wanted, and pick up more picks in the process....

Swap firsts, get their second and 5th and the whole AE thing will be like it never existed and we would get a free 5th

That's great but Gailey said he thinks Newton and Gabbert will both be very good QBs for a long time. If that's true, they won't trade up and give up a second when they have so many holes. Love the idea of trading down but usually easier said than done

#43 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

How in the hell are the Bills more desperate than the Panthers are? We have a greater need for a franchise QB and a greater need to fill the stadium than they have.

Y'all are driving me crazy with this stuff. The only way the Bills would even consider making such a trade, is if they believe Cam Newton is going to be a superstar, and that is not going to happen because of anything the Panthers say or do.

#44 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

Not everyone is as wise as us. Maybe they want to sell jerseys instead of win games?

They need to re energize their franchise more than win right now. We are closer to winning and don't need to be set back. Cam would at least bring buzz to them. We don't need buzz. We have talent.

Closer to winning?? Winning what?....... maybe 6-8 games a season with an aging veteran? If that. And there is no need to be concerned about being set back, because there is not much further back the Panthers can go. You are correct there is talent on this team BUT not at QB.

I am glad Hurney, Rivera, etc are doing what they are to evaluate the QB's and I do think they will go in that direction if they feel one can be a franchise guy. Otherwise if the Panthers go in a different direction it will be up to depending on Clausen to develop (which I hope he can and does no matter what) or making a dumb trade of a 1st rounder for Colb (which cant be done right now due to CBA) and either of those scenarios can easily result it taking many more years before the Panthers ever have talent at QB.

#45 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

How in the hell are the Bills more desperate than the Panthers are? We have a greater need for a franchise QB and a greater need to fill the stadium than they have.

No, no we don't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.