Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movies that make you cry

122 posts in this topic

Posted

If it makes you feel any better thats also the year the seahawks made Jake Delhomme look like Jimmy Clausen

oh trust me, I'll never forget that!

Posted

Moulin Rouge

The Lion King

Awakenings

Forrest Gump

Posted

The only movie to ever make me cry was "Dad" with Jack Lemmon and Ted Danson. It made me realize that one day, I won't have my father around, and how much it would crush me, personally.

The only other movie I've even come close to tearing up in... Glory. The scene on the Beach right before the end. Such a powerfully emotional scene, where full understanding and brotherhood come to light... incredibly well-shot, well-written, and well-acted.

Posted

The Patriot: when his daughter finally speaks to him and runs to him and says "Don't Go! I'll say anything just don't go!"

This one gets me as well, especially since my wife and I started having kids (just had our second this past Sunday).

I saw The Patriot a few weeks after graduating from Basic Training. I got teary-eyed when Mel Gibson rode his horse into the final battle while carrying the US flag Gabriel had been sewing. The pride, and everything I had just gone through, all boiled up.

Posted

savingprivateryancap.jpg

Barry Pepper ftw

Probably the most underrated actor out there. He was awesome in True Grit and they barely gave him any screen time. What a waste.

Posted

Life is beautiful...............my dad cries when he watches it which makes me cry too, then again my dad cries every time he watches Little Princess with my little sister too

Posted

yea who knew the huddle had so many cry babies

*looks at self and decides to :leaving:*

Posted

PeeWee's Big Adventure. Can you imagine being separated from your bike?

Posted

The end of Lord of the Rings. Even though I read it a dozen times, to see it on the screen was just too much. But all of you have some good choices.

Posted

If you're lucky enough to have a daughter.

1 person likes this

Posted

Land Before Time - After Little Foot's mom dies and he wanders around aimlessly and depressed always kills me.

Lion King - "Get up Dad!" :(

Eternal Sunshine - The whole plot of that movie made me want to cry, idk why I guess it strikes a chord.

Armageddon -It just happened, ok.

Posted

Up.

Just a beautiful story.

Saving pvt. Ryan.

The afore mentioned cemetery scene. Plus I have deep military roots in my family.

Tuskeegee Airmen.

My grandfather was one.

Old Yeller.

I was 12, my dog Ceberus got hit by a car... I can't even finish it.

Not a movie, but the Futurerama episode Jurassic Bark.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6uU7-X0iHes

1 person likes this