112 replies to this topic

#31 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

switching to becoming a state fan now are we?

lol ok I'm being a douche I'm going to stop

Why not your a Zona fan now.

#32 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

State has 2 national title. Zona has 1.

Yes, State has two national titles. But this is 2011, not 1983. To quote Rick Pitino, David Thompson "is not walking through that door..."

They have a crazy fan base wating too be good again.

Seems to me that "crazy fanbase" cares more about football these days...

#33 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,613 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

I'm living off a 2-1 head too head against your ass. I can't live off of what you did against other teams (like you do). I only care about what we did when we saw you head too head this season. Which is beat you twice...

How is that for a comeback????

I'd say we should have won in your place and blew it, therefore you have a valid point. Still doesn't change the fact dook couldn't get past the sweet 16.

pac-10 doesn't = a fellow acc team, much less state for that matter. failed argument is failed. go ahead and whip out the lotion and austin rivers videos- its going to be a long offseason

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

Yes, State has two national titles. But this is 2011, not 1983. To quote Rick Pitino, David Thompson "is not walking through that door..."

You might be right about that they do love their football more now.

#35 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

I'd say we should have won in your place and blew it, therefore you have a valid point. Still doesn't change the fact dook couldn't get past the sweet 16.

pac-10 doesn't = a fellow acc team, much less state for that matter. failed argument is failed. go ahead and whip out the lotion and austin rivers videos- its going to be a long offseason

WTF are you talking about lame!!! We won the whole thing last year. So your 1st point is stupid!!!!

2nd atleast we didn't follow up a national championship season with a trip too the NIT!!!

Let's see a down year for Duke 25 + wins and a sweet 16 trip.
A down year for the Tarholes NIT runner up's.

#36 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

someone give bigcatdaddy a call or something the mans on suicide watch

#37 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

WTF are you talking about lame!!! We won the whole thing last year. So your 1st point is stupid!!!!

2nd atleast we didn't follow up a national championship season with a trip too the NIT!!!

Let's see a down year for Duke 25 + wins and a sweet 16 trip.
A down year for the Tarholes NIT runner up's.

UNC lost Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, Green, & Frasor. That's the top 4 players on the team, including an all-time great. The '10 Heels were terrible, there's no denying that, but it wasn't the same team. Not even close. That's like saying the '99 Bulls failed because they didn't 4-peat after Jordan retired.

Duke returned it's top 2 players, SR All-American Singler & SR All-American Smith, & added a FR PG who will be the #1 pick in the NBA Draft this summer. They also added Curry, a better perimeter player than the '10 Duke team had.

So in summary:

UNC: Lost 4 starters & the 6th man. Struggled in '10 with an extremely young & inexperienced squad.

Duke: Returned 2 SR All-American's, added a FR PG who will be #1 in this years NBA Draft, & Curry-one of the best perimeter players in the conference.

Beat up on cupcakes in November, then a weak ACC field before losing to UNC in the season finale, for the ACC Championship. Coach K gets a moral victory by defeating UNC in the ACCT title game. Duke pummels a 16 seed in Rd 1, gets lucky & holds on to beat MU in Rd 2, & then get destroyed by a #5 seed in the Sweet 16.

Looks to me like the choke artists are the fools in Durrr-um.

Edited by Ares d9, 25 March 2011 - 02:53 AM.

#38 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

http://www.diddukewin.com/

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

They played possessed in that second half, but what about that choke job by dook? I mean, come on. That was some terrible play in the 2nd half. I don't think I've ever seen a dook team so flustered. They were the more experienced team too, which makes it even more inexplicable.

Arizona caused them to be flustered.. not so much dook choking.. of course I guess I am only nitpicking on definitions here.

#40 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:46 AM

UNC lost Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, Green, & Frasor. That's the top 4 players on the team, including an all-time great. The '10 Heels were terrible, there's no denying that, but it wasn't the same team. Not even close. That's like saying the '99 Bulls failed because they didn't 4-peat after Jordan retired.

Duke returned it's top 2 players, SR All-American Singler & SR All-American Smith, & added a FR PG who will be the #1 pick in the NBA Draft this summer. They also added Curry, a better perimeter player than the '10 Duke team had.

So in summary:

UNC: Lost 4 starters & the 6th man. Struggled in '10 with an extremely young & inexperienced squad.

Duke: Returned 2 SR All-American's, added a FR PG who will be #1 in this years NBA Draft, & Curry-one of the best perimeter players in the conference.

Beat up on cupcakes in November, then a weak ACC field before losing to UNC in the season finale, for the ACC Championship. Coach K gets a moral victory by defeating UNC in the ACCT title game. Duke pummels a 16 seed in Rd 1, gets lucky & holds on to beat MU in Rd 2, & then get destroyed by a #5 seed in the Sweet 16.

Looks to me like the choke artists are the fools in Durrr-um.

uh.. yeah.. wtf was kat talking about?! LMAO

#41 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

Props to Arizona. They completely dismantled Duke. No excuses here, we were picked apart, out hustled, and beaten in every facet of the game.

I thought Duke's defense was pathetic and the Plumlees were pitiful on the boards. Not to mention, it looked like Irving and Smith were trying to do too much, rather than getting others (Curry, Dawkins, etc) involved.

#42 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,716 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

yea that sucked. Props to Arizona, Derrick Williams is definitely a man among boys and has a career in the NBA.

#43 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

So does this mean absolutely no for Miller to State?
Personally I would like to see him there. Tobacco road would once again be insane.

#44 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

I missed the game. I watched a couple of minutes after halftime and assumed dook and the refs would win the game. However, I was delightfully woken up by a text from a friend with a picture of dook bench crying with score at the bottom.

Like someone said earlier, K should not have brought Irving back with big minutes...I think he screwed up their chemistry/rotation. Oh well, better luck next year! NOT!, I hope those fuggers lose every game

#45 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

Lets not get ahead of ourselves..Zona although making the Elite 8. Xavier has done it in the 2000s most recently 2008? and were not calling them prestigious.

The same could be said for Arizona living in the 90s.. Im not saying Miller will go to State..but all this crap about Arizona being this huge basketball thing..is just as irrelevant as NC State. You win the title this year and ill eat my words.

Edited by TyHillPanthers, 25 March 2011 - 09:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com