• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KillerKat

Whats better?...

For your team to go the furthest in the NCAA tournament in your conference or to win the conference championship?

I agree with SL... if Duke gets bumped in the first round, and UNC gets tossed in the second, does it really matter?

I think you make it to the FF (I'll even go E-8 to an extent), then you've got some braggin' ground... But the S-16 is so commonplace for Duke, UNC, UK, KU that it shouldn't be a measuring point anymore, IMO...

I'd say Elite 8 or farther is better than winning the end of season tournament (which means little to teams already in the big dance). But the regular season champion crown is better than making it to the Sweet 16.

I'd say Elite 8 or farther is better than winning the end of season tournament (which means little to teams already in the big dance). But the regular season champion crown is better than making it to the Sweet 16.

agreed.. and partly so, because I don't really care if we win the ACC championship.. It always seems to be Roy's M.O. to save energy for the NCAA tourny. Both times, 2005 and 2009, we lost before we made it to the ACC championship and won the one that really matters: NCAA.. (although, that changed this year by making it to the championship game)

I'd rather us get to the Final Four than the ACC..

Also, pre season expectations play a part..

Dook fans may say they are satisfied they made it to the sweet 16, but majority of people will agree they failed to live up to their potential this year. Whereas, I was perfectly content with UNC making it as far as they did. Going to the Elite 8 is surpassing anything I ever expected and the trash talk I heard about UNC (from all fan bases)...

For your team to go the furthest in the NCAA tournament in your conference or to win the conference championship?

Carolina did both. :cool:

Dook fans may say they are satisfied they made it to the sweet 16, but majority of people will agree they failed to live up to their potential this year. Whereas, I was perfectly content with UNC making it as far as they did. Going to the Elite 8 is surpassing anything I ever expected and the trash talk I heard about UNC (from all fan bases)...

They failed to meet the expectations of a title defending team adding arguably the best freshman in the country but Kyrie missed significant time and I believe in team chemistry. Duke just didn't have it.

Don't feel Duke got embarrassed though. Only one #1 seed got past the sweet sixteen and they played 3 cupcakes.

Tourney is all about matchups, how well you are playing at the moment. If Duke got Kansas path it'd probably be a different story and if they played in Newark instead of Anaheim in the middle of the night who knows what happens.

That's what's great about the tournament though. You never know what's gonna happen and it's a humbling experience when you exit early.

The way I see it Duke could've very easily lost to Michigan. Take what you get and move on. Hopefully next year we draw an easier path or a better location and Marshall Plumlee can put on 100 lbs.

Bill Guthridge: "Duke beat us 3 times this year. Once in Durham.

Once in Greensboro. And home from the NCAA tournament"

..........images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl1yjiGDaFcFPZPlXJtLGPziap0ctRlESKiGEG5QjWl3mRzgLG

Or you could be a UConn fan and smile down on everyone else.

Rather watch womens basketball.

They failed to meet the expectations of a title defending team adding arguably the best freshman in the country but Kyrie missed significant time and I believe in team chemistry. Duke just didn't have it.

Don't feel Duke got embarrassed though. Only one #1 seed got past the sweet sixteen and they played 3 cupcakes.

Tourney is all about matchups, how well you are playing at the moment. If Duke got Kansas path it'd probably be a different story and if they played in Newark instead of Anaheim in the middle of the night who knows what happens.

That's what's great about the tournament though. You never know what's gonna happen and it's a humbling experience when you exit early.

The way I see it Duke could've very easily lost to Michigan. Take what you get and move on. Hopefully next year we draw an easier path or a better location and Marshall Plumlee can put on 100 lbs.

I think dook now owns the distinction of the largest margin of defeat for a 1 seed.