Photo
- - - - -

UNC versus UK

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
389 replies to this topic

#376 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

they made it to the final four idiot. that's a fantastic season

so yes I would say they did, yes bigcatdaddy us UNC fans are the only ones with "0 sense"

I still wouldn't say they had a better season then us. I would say they had a better tourney showing but overall season are you kidding me???

They were 4th in their conference they didn't win their tournament and pretty much didn't deserve too be in.

So for what they did for 2 weeks beats out what UNC and DUKE did (against better competition) for 3-4 months.

That means nothing matter from the start of the season till March 1????

Do you see how dumb you sound????

#377 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

I still wouldn't say they had a better season then us. I would say they had a better tourney showing but overall season are you kidding me???

They were 4th in their conference they didn't win their tournament and pretty much didn't deserve too be in.

So for what they did for 2 weeks beats out what UNC and DUKE did (against better competition) for 3-4 months.

I don't know what that other guy said, but yes you do. lol

#378 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

even bigcatdaddy disagrees with you. You now supplant him as the dumbest Dook fan on this messageboard

Let's just put it this way: Wake Forest has had some pretty decent regular seasons in the past ten years. But despite all their success they only have one Final Four as a school. One. and it happened in the 50's, that's not good success whatsoever

I'm not claiming VCU has a better basketball program than UNC or Dook, but they stepped up and played best when it counts most and have had better results than us. End of story. Final Four is better than anything UNC or Dook accomplished this year combined.

If the Regular season was that important there would be no need for a tournament, in fact by your logic March Madness should be set up like the BCS

now if you still neglect to see the poor logic supporting your argument I can no longer stand to respond. Accept it and move on.

#379 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

even bigcatdaddy disagrees with you. You now supplant him as the dumbest Dook fan on this messageboard

Let's just put it this way: Wake Forest has had some pretty decent regular seasons in the past ten years. But despite all their success they only have one Final Four as a school. One. and it happened in the 50's, that's not good success whatsoever

I'm not claiming VCU has a better basketball program than UNC or Dook, but they stepped up and played best when it counts most and have had better results than us. End of story. Final Four is better than anything UNC or Dook accomplished this year combined.

If the Regular season was that important there would be no need for a tournament, in fact by your logic March Madness should be set up like the BCS

now if you still neglect to see the poor logic supporting your argument I can no longer stand to respond. Accept it and move on.

I'll give you credit Bleys is still the dumbest Tarhole fan but you're a close 2nd.

Do you not understand if it wasn't for a dumbass decision from the tourney committee VCU wouldn't even be in the tourney. You have pretty much said the Reg season means nothing. VCU has had a hell of a tourney showing but unless they win the whole thing I still think we had a better season then them.(being the champs then their is no dispute) I'll give credit for VCU getting hot at the right time but let's be real they shouldn't even be there.

Exp. I still feel the 09' Panther were better then the 09' Cardinals. Even after they beat the crap out us that Sat. night. They just got hot at the right time. If that was a 7 or 5 game series. We beat them 5-6 times.

#380 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Wtf, you need to watch what you say, I am very logical and there is nothing dumb about anything I post. You wearing your baby blue glasses might not agree with what I say but it is rational unlike many people, especially unc fans on this board.

#381 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hello Arizona shot 54% from the field and 60% from 3 outrebounded us by 13 and scored 93 points so exactly how is it Irvings fault? Did Irving make AZ make their shots, did Irving make everyone including Nolan play bad defense, and did Irving make Nolan miss wide open shots? Hell maybe it was Irving's fault we got outrebounded 25-9 in the second half. Nolan has had a few games where he is off(Bradley 0-8, 2pts Maryland 2-11, 7pts) and we were able to overcome that with good defense and that just wasn't the case against AZ. There offense was spot on that night and we couldn't answer. I just find it funny that AZ scores 93 points and you want to blame that on bringing Irving back and it messing up chemistry, come on they scored 93 points.

LOL. You're making my point for me. Duke's veterans didn't appreciate Irving coming in and taking all those shots and minutes away from Smith. Where does that show up? Effort stats like rebounding and defensive field goal percentage.

#382 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

LOL. You're making my point for me. Duke's veterans didn't appreciate Irving coming in and taking all those shots and minutes away from Smith. Where does that show up? Effort stats like rebounding and defensive field goal percentage.

Wow, that is the most irrational statement I have ever heard on here in a long time. So the vets were made that Irving(their best player) came back and took minutes and shots away from Smith, even though Smith averaged 15 attempts per game(he took 14 against AZ) and averaged 34 minutes per game(played 34 minutes against AZ), so yeah your argument doesn't hold water. Why is it so hard to believe that it was just Arizona's night, kind of like it was VCU's night against KU. That is why it is so hard to win this tourney especially when the are a team with a target on your back because if you don't bring it or your opponent brings it more you will go home. Irving or chemistry with Irving coming back was not why Duke lost, AZ was hitting every shot they took or getting the rebound and getting another shot at it.

#383 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Wow, that is the most irrational statement I have ever heard on here in a long time. So the vets were made that Irving(their best player) came back and took minutes and shots away from Smith, even though Smith averaged 15 attempts per game(he took 14 against AZ) and averaged 34 minutes per game(played 34 minutes against AZ), so yeah your argument doesn't hold water. Why is it so hard to believe that it was just Arizona's night, kind of like it was VCU's night against KU. That is why it is so hard to win this tourney especially when the are a team with a target on your back because if you don't bring it or your opponent brings it more you will go home. Irving or chemistry with Irving coming back was not why Duke lost, AZ was hitting every shot they took or getting the rebound and getting another shot at it.

You guys were on a roll. Why take the risk? Like if the NCAA said all of a sudden Enes Kanter is eligible for the Final Four. You don't think Josh Harrelson would be upset if Kanter came in and took away his minutes, even if Kanter is a lottery pick?

#384 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

Banned

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

Doesn't matter if Irving played or didn't play.

Eric Williams still kicked our ass!!

#385 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

You guys were on a roll. Why take the risk? Like if the NCAA said all of a sudden Enes Kanter is eligible for the Final Four. You don't think Josh Harrelson would be upset if Kanter came in and took away his minutes, even if Kanter is a lottery pick?

So you don't think that if Kanter was made eligible for the the tourney that Cal would have brought him in off the bench? You don't think that if LeBron or Kobe got injured and missed 3/4 of the season but was ready for the playoffs that they wouldn't play? You have to play them and the bottom line is Irving had nothing to do with AZ hitting everything they threw up or getting outrebounded 25-9 in the second half. Do you want to blame Irving for us getting blown out by St Johns too?

#386 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Doesn't matter if Irving played or didn't play.

Eric Williams still kicked our ass!!

Yes Derrick Williams was the main reason we got beat. He was 5-6 from 3 in the first half with 25 points so the goal second half was to double him to get the ball out of his hands and other guys stepped up and scored. There is really no other way to look at it if you actually watched the game. Nolan did have an off night but like I said he has had a few of those this year where he can't hit anything and he settles for bad shots but it had nothing to do with Irving. Nolan and Kyrie are best friends and the biggest support system for each other so there was no animosity there either way.

#387 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yes Derrick Williams was the main reason we got beat. He was 5-6 from 3 in the first half with 25 points so the goal second half was to double him to get the ball out of his hands and other guys stepped up and scored. There is really no other way to look at it if you actually watched the game. Nolan did have an off night but like I said he has had a few of those this year where he can't hit anything and he settles for bad shots but it had nothing to do with Irving. Nolan and Kyrie are best friends and the biggest support system for each other so there was no animosity there either way.

This is true... As a matter of fact, they are such good friends, Nolan let Kyrie have his points for the last 2 weeks of the season... :P

I do think it jacked with the chemistry (or rhythm may be a better word) a bit, but I also think it had to be done... Can't leave him sitting on the bench if he's available...

#388 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

This is true... As a matter of fact, they are such good friends, Nolan let Kyrie have his points for the last 2 weeks of the season... :P

I do think it jacked with the chemistry (or rhythm may be a better word) a bit, but I also think it had to be done... Can't leave him sitting on the bench if he's available...

He was available a lot sooner than when he played.

#389 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

He was available a lot sooner than when he played.

No he wasn't he had to be cleared by the doctor and that didn't happen until they came to Charlotte. His doctor was here in Charlotte so he was evaluated and cleared to play when they got here for the first and second round.

#390 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Well, I was talking to him back in January, and he said he was good to go around Christmas time.