• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanceUSMC

Sullinger returning

That was a bit unexpected, but with the NBA labor issues looming it could be writing on the wall for a lot of them...

I doubt he follows through with that. He's top four, at least. It's nice to hear, but that much money is almost impossible to turn down.

I remember years ago SI's cover had Ralph Sampson, Marc Aguirre and some dude from Maryland. It was about how all three came back to college that year and turned down millions. They were all upperclassmen. The difference is none of them saw guys from their class going before them. Or not many, anyway. Today a Sullinger will see Barnes, Irving, Knight, etc all go pro and think "hey wait, those are my contemporaries...I can't stay behind and fall behind."

Sean May said he was coming back to school the day after winning a national title. A week later, he said he was going pro. Kids say things when they get caught up in emotional situations. I bet you he will change his tune in a few weeks. Hard to pass up that kind of guaranteed money.

Yeah, these kids should never make these kinds of announcements right after a game. Things tend to look a lot different after some time has passed and the emotion dies out.

Reality is gonna set in hard for a lot of fans. History also shows the deeper you go in the tourney the higher you draft stock goes up.

I grin every time I read UNC fans say they'll have everyone back.

Sorry but the reason the team is successful and the reason you want them back is the same reason they wont be back.

Guess we'll see though.

Evan Turner said the same thing after the Tennessee loss last year, so I'm sure OSU is taking it with a grain of salt.

If he does return OSU would be the favorites in the B1G.