Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

God

The Big East runs circles around the ACC

36 posts in this topic

maybe

ACC might be deeper, but its close

Big East is damn good

I concur. The BE is a deeper overall conference.

Yeah Depaul is a tough opponent.

Carolina beat the top defense in the nation by playing a slow, half court game against Duke.

Duke is not even the top defense in the ACC. Wake leads the conf in fg percentage and three point percentage defensively. Duke leads in scoring defense, but only because they play a slower style of game. Wake is the top defense in the conference. If the offense was a bit more consistent, we would be up at the top with UNC. Of course, thats a big if.

Carolina beat the top defense in the nation by playing a slow, half court game against Duke.

Which really surprised me because all game I was hoping to see more running up and down the court from our team.

I have to say I'd want to see that game before I crowned Uconn's ass. =P

how do you score 101 points and 188 combined by playing a slow half court game?? There were spurts of it, but they ran most of the game....One reason why Duke's shots were not falling, because they had no legs in the 2nd half

the game last night against Miami was much more of a slow half court game

how do you score 101 points and 188 combined by playing a slow half court game?? There were spurts of it, but they ran most of the game....One reason why Duke's shots were not falling, because they had no legs in the 2nd half

the game last night against Miami was much more of a slow half court game

there were long spurts of playing half court. And during those times we played very well. That was my point.

And duke has a very good defense. Us playing a very well half court game against a good defense was the point I was making.

I could have swore I heard they were at the top in defense, but so I was wrong.

Point still remains, we came through during hte 2nd half when it wasn't all fast paced basketball.

Duke averages holding teams to like 62 points a game, I think that is where you were getting the top defense stat.....The difference between UConn and Duke is that UConn has a guy named Hasheem Thabeet and no way Carolina has an answer for him by playing a slow half court style game. I think a good way to beat UConn is get into an up and down game and try to wear them out like Carolina did to Duke, and possibly he starts commiting stupid tired fouls.

UConn > UNC

Pitt > Duke

Louisville > Wake

Marquette > Clemson

Villanova > Florida State.

It's not even close.

With those matchups. IMO its more like this:

UNC and UConn.... are a push. I give the edge to UNC since Lawson, Ellington, and Green are hitting 3's now.

Pitt > Duke.... I agree. I would have went with Duke 3 weeks ago but they are playing crappy ball now.

Wake > Louisville. Close game but I give the edge to Wake. They have better "pro" players than Louisville.

Clemson > Marquette. Clemson has the total package for a team and better players than Marquette. Marquette however plays better team ball.

Nova > FSU. I agree. Put Miami in FSU's place and I think Miami beats Nova.

I can pick out the fans of ACC teams in this thread. :D

well DUH!!!!!

Gotta defend the ACC, since the only way the ACC plays the Big East is during the NCAA Tourney, and I am too impatient to wait until the games let the talking

I can pick out the fans of ACC teams in this thread. :D

You must have ESPN. :)

BTW, I can pick out the Eagles fans on this thread.

You must have ESPN. :)

BTW, I can pick out the Eagles fans on this thread.

:lol:

toss up. let the NCAA tourney do the talkin.