35 replies to this topic

#16 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Carolina beat the top defense in the nation by playing a slow, half court game against Duke.

Which really surprised me because all game I was hoping to see more running up and down the court from our team.

I have to say I'd want to see that game before I crowned Uconn's ass. =P

how do you score 101 points and 188 combined by playing a slow half court game?? There were spurts of it, but they ran most of the game....One reason why Duke's shots were not falling, because they had no legs in the 2nd half

the game last night against Miami was much more of a slow half court game

Edited by Tweeder, 16 February 2009 - 09:01 AM.

#17 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

how do you score 101 points and 188 combined by playing a slow half court game?? There were spurts of it, but they ran most of the game....One reason why Duke's shots were not falling, because they had no legs in the 2nd half

the game last night against Miami was much more of a slow half court game

there were long spurts of playing half court. And during those times we played very well. That was my point.

And duke has a very good defense. Us playing a very well half court game against a good defense was the point I was making.

I could have swore I heard they were at the top in defense, but so I was wrong.

Point still remains, we came through during hte 2nd half when it wasn't all fast paced basketball.

#18 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

Duke averages holding teams to like 62 points a game, I think that is where you were getting the top defense stat.....The difference between UConn and Duke is that UConn has a guy named Hasheem Thabeet and no way Carolina has an answer for him by playing a slow half court style game. I think a good way to beat UConn is get into an up and down game and try to wear them out like Carolina did to Duke, and possibly he starts commiting stupid tired fouls.

#19 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:18 AM

UConn > UNC
Pitt > Duke
Louisville > Wake
Marquette > Clemson
Villanova > Florida State.

It's not even close.

With those matchups. IMO its more like this:

UNC and UConn.... are a push. I give the edge to UNC since Lawson, Ellington, and Green are hitting 3's now.

Pitt > Duke.... I agree. I would have went with Duke 3 weeks ago but they are playing crappy ball now.

Wake > Louisville. Close game but I give the edge to Wake. They have better "pro" players than Louisville.

Clemson > Marquette. Clemson has the total package for a team and better players than Marquette. Marquette however plays better team ball.

Nova > FSU. I agree. Put Miami in FSU's place and I think Miami beats Nova.

#20 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

I can pick out the fans of ACC teams in this thread. :D

#21 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:23 AM

well DUH!!!!!

Gotta defend the ACC, since the only way the ACC plays the Big East is during the NCAA Tourney, and I am too impatient to wait until the games let the talking

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

I can pick out the fans of ACC teams in this thread. :D

You must have ESPN. :)

BTW, I can pick out the Eagles fans on this thread.

#23 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

You must have ESPN. :)

BTW, I can pick out the Eagles fans on this thread.

:lol:

#24 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

toss up. let the NCAA tourney do the talkin.

#25 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

The ACC's record versus the Big East this year is 9-6. Yeah, that Big East really runs circles around the ACC. Get the f*ck outta here with that nonsense.

And it's getting ready to be 10-6 when Dook beats St. Johns.

Edited by stankowalski, 16 February 2009 - 11:33 AM.

#26 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

BTW, the ACC is the #1 rated conference according to the RPI and the Big East is 5th.

#27 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

Yeah Depaul is a tough opponent.

Ya because Georgia Tech and Virginia strike fear into their opponents as well.

True the BE has 4 bottom dwellers, but every conference has its share of those. With the BE also having 4 more teams you have to expect that logically it would have an extra low team or two. Especially when they have to constantly play teams of the top tier Big East level.

Until the tourny bickering is pointless. We will just have to wait until then when the ACC gets crushed on :D.

#28 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

The ACC's record versus the Big East this year is 9-6. Yeah, that Big East really runs circles around the ACC. Get the f*ck outta here with that nonsense.

And it's getting ready to be 10-6 when Dook beats St. Johns.

Surprise? Not really

BTW, the ACC is the #1 rated conference according to the RPI and the Big East is 5th.

:D:D:D

Ya because Georgia Tech and Virginia strike fear into their opponents as well.

True the BE has 4 bottom dwellers, but every conference has its share of those. With the BE also having 4 more teams you have to expect that logically it would have an extra low team or two. Especially when they have to constantly play teams of the top tier Big East level.

Until the tourny bickering is pointless. We will just have to wait until then when the ACC gets crushed on :D.

It's not as balanced as the ACC point blank. You clearly underestimate the rivalries in the ACC. UVA and GT live to upset the top ACC teams and Depaul lives in a world of obscurity not even caring to try. And they don't constantly play the top tier big east teams. They play each team ONE TIME

#29 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

Surprise? Not really

:D:D:D

It's not as balanced as the ACC point blank. You clearly underestimate the rivalries in the ACC. UVA and GT live to upset the top ACC teams and Depaul lives in a world of obscurity not even caring to try. And they don't constantly play the top tier big east teams. They play each team ONE TIME

So we can just say that a conference is better because a bottom team is capable of upsetting a top team on occasion? Thats just basketball I believe.

I could say the same about ND upsetting a top 10 Louisville team last week, considering ND is just a mediocre team who had previously had an awful losing streak. It just seems to me that the BE is better overall. And Depaul doesnt really count for anything, and also consider that two of the worst teams in the Big East just joined the conference a few years back. They are dragging the conference down and all the BE got out of it was Louisville. Give them a few years and see what they can do.

Also, don't count out rivalries in this conference. Sure UNC and Duke is great, but you can't under estimate something like SU-Georgetown, thats always good, I mean there last game was better then the majority of ACC games I have watched this year.

#30 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

So we can just say that a conference is better because a bottom team is capable of upsetting a top team on occasion?

No. We can say a conference is better when it holds an advantage in the head to head match up, and just use the RPI for icing on the cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.