Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Although this forum isn't moderated as closely as some of the others let's please remember that the rules still apply. A certain level of civility is expected and all rules will be enforced. I know most here are passionate about their teams but that doesn't excuse personal attacks, inappropriate language and such.

I hate having to ban people, but I will if deemed necessary.

Thanks.

Posted

But we can talk trash about certain teams right?? As long as its not a "personal attack?"

Posted

I would actually suggest a few trash talk threads, stickied if need be (probably not quite enough interest to warrant it's own forum), so that those of us who aren't real interested in it can talk ball without having to worry about getting flamed by some idiot who just wants to stir stuff up...

And perhaps a bit more mod presence in this area of the board... Particularly from someone who doesn't have emotion of supporting a team involved...

Posted

what's basketball?

Posted

Harmless trash talking is fine, but too often it gets personal. I'm an avid UNC fan, but I don't let Dookies get under my skin.

Posted

But we can talk trash about certain teams right?? As long as its not a "personal attack?"

There are those of us who can go back and forth passionately and still go get a beer together then there are those who can't.

...but I do hope we can still continue the interwebz hate on teams. This is my favorite place to engage in discussions with Duke fans and one State fan. :bigear:

Posted

State still has fans?

LMAO!!!

Posted

who says it isn't moderated as closely? just because the part timer is on vacation?

Posted

bigcatdaddy cried to a mod :)

Posted

State still has fans?

LMAO!!!

Yea, all one of them. :D

Posted

State has real fans. You know, people who actually went to school there, or have some actual relation to the university.

Not people who need to feel validated and accepted by choosing to root for a team who has always been good.

3 people like this

Posted

Bruce speaks the truth.

1 person likes this