#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,516 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Talking about how things have changed for him since the lockout started (link)

#2 replive

replive

It's a process

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Stanford seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I hope everything goes well for him. It's sad to see him affected by this, but hopefully things will work themselves out.

#3 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Way to save during the season RJ. :lol:

#FansWantFootballNotHearExcuses

#4 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Overall, his part of the article was pretty good. He seems like he's a genuinely good guy with a pretty good head on his shoulders.

However, I couldn't get past him talking about living on Ramen and PB&J but still taking a trip to Las Vegas for Valentines Day. It's great that he wanted to do something special for his GF. But, I would imagine, that she would rather real food to eat, than a weekend in Vegas.

#5 replive

replive

It's a process

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

However, I couldn't get past him talking about living on Ramen and PB&J but still taking a trip to Las Vegas for Valentines Day. It's great that he wanted to do something special for his GF. But, I would imagine, that she would rather real food to eat, than a weekend in Vegas.

Yea, he seemed like he had a lot of trouble saving money during the season. I'm sure someone told him about the possibility of the lockout, but he still went splurging on his friends. Hopefully this is a good life lesson for him, at least.

He did seem like he had a plan in place, but he did a really bad job planning for the worst.

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Great find, nice read.

Adds some perspective and shows not all players are pool side waiting this out with loads on cash in the bank. Also good to see he's doing good things with his time away.

Rep for RJ!

#7 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

Kinda seems like the real world has set in. Guess what there are millions of people in the same situation if not worse.

#8 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,412 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

that was a good read....damn a few months and already eating oodles of noodles boys its going to be a long summer

Edited by countryboi, 28 March 2011 - 10:47 PM.
IDK he had not had a check since jan 2

#9 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

'I couldn't splurge like I wanted, just a quick trip to vegas, you know, nothin special really.' If it was that bad his woman would be getting flowers and a night at applebee's.

#10 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Talking about how things have changed for him since the lockout started (link)

If these are the sob stories behind the lockout, then color me unimpressed

#11 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:04 AM

Overall, his part of the article was pretty good. He seems like he's a genuinely good guy with a pretty good head on his shoulders.

I read the article at catscratchreader and the author there made a good point that Stanford is probably exaggerating a little with the ramen noodles and pb&j....I doubt he intended to imply that he's having trouble putting food on his plate. With that said, he definitely can't complain if he's still taking trips to Vegas for a birthday. He did say he cut out vacations and put off buying a house, though.

#12 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

^^^ yep. If he was living off Ramen noodles he would not be fit to play football when the time came.

#13 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

I saw that and thought the same thing but you can get a decent weekend package for not to bad if he didn't go ape spending when he got there.

But being unemployed since September, I feel his pain :(

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

I'm not rich and could still swing a weekend in Vegas.

#15 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

^^^ yep. If he was living off Ramen noodles he would not be fit to play football when the time came.

I lived off Ramen noodles and Hot Pockets during my almost two year initial training (military) and I was running the best mile and a half times of my career then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com