blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

@blackcatgrowl RAWR!

LOL WTF?

Besides the fact that whatever you said is completely wrong, where do you throw Mav in there?

That was a really confusing post, and that says a lot coming from you because I've grown accustomed to your posts not making any sense at all.

Mav likes to act like he's neutral, but he's really anti-Cam.

Aside from that, what's left to talk about with Cam? Anything I point out about how good he is, you'll just turn around and say its wrong or deflect to a supposed negative.

#17 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Mav likes to act like he's neutral, but he's really anti-Cam.

Aside from that, what's left to talk about with Cam? Anything I point out about how good he is, you'll just turn around and say its wrong or deflect to a supposed negative.

It's funny how you say supposed negative when literally everyone and their mother who is respected in the NFL community and draft community agree that they are actual negatives about his game and his only real positives are his upside.

I'm not going to debate them with you again because it's well documented but it's crazy to me how you don't even recognize that he has real negatives about him.

Even the biggest "anti-Cam" guys have recognized that he could have a high ceiling but the "pro-Cam" guys often refuse to acknowledge that he has any negatives at all.

It really shows who are the biased people and who are the logical people

#18 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Every QB, including Andrew Luck, has negatives, but something tells me that most of you would be perfectly willing to overlook his negatives, and assume they will be easily fixed because he's so much smarter than Newton.

#19 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

Mav really doesnt go against Cam that hard

#20 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

It's funny how you say supposed negative when literally everyone and their mother who is respected in the NFL community and draft community agree that they are actual negatives about his game and his only real positives are his upside.

I'm not going to debate them with you again because it's well documented but it's crazy to me how you don't even recognize that he has real negatives about him.

Even the biggest "anti-Cam" guys have recognized that he could have a high ceiling but the "pro-Cam" guys often refuse to acknowledge that he has any negatives at all.

Yes, it's logical to reject statistics and factual data. Sure is!

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,385 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

Pretty much described Jimmy Clausen.

No. This is how he described Jimmy Clausen.

Has a sense of entitlement, having attended private schools, worked with private QB coaches and being sheltered by his family, who bought a house on campus so his brothers had a place to stay for every game. Arrogant-can come off as having all the answers and struggle to win a locker room. Still immature. Comes across as overly staged, scripted and disingenuous in interviews and does not have the type of presence desired in the face of a franchise.

Guess Nawrocki must hate him too :rolleyes:

#22 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

Negatives-
character questions
footwork
accuracy? even though he was one of the most accurate in college

Positives-
leadership
determination
work ethic
strong arm
athleticism
potential

#23 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Negatives-
character questions
footwork
accuracy? even though he was one of the most accurate in college

All I'm going to say is ONE of these things is possibly true and will have an impact on his career in the NFL. And even at that he's already taken steps to learn how to make a transition to pro-level in it's regard and has impressed in workouts.

The other issues two "negatives" are either irrelevant, or complete BS.

#24 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

All I'm going to say is ONE of these things is possibly true and will have an impact on his career in the NFL. And even at that he's already taken steps to learn how to make a transition to pro-level in it's regard and has impressed in workouts.

The other issues two "negatives" are either irrelevant, or complete BS.

I agree. Those are the only negatives that people against Cam have to go with. His footwork, like you said, can be fixed and appears to be getting better. His character can be chalked up to being young and dumb and he's matured and learned or not. I don't see him as being inaccurate. People try to discount his 66% completion rate and 182 QB rating in games, but want to focus on his numbers for the combine and proday:confused:. I've even saw a espn article where they changed his pro day numbers to make it worse. When you look at the tape Cam is excellent at hitting the reciever down the field and in tight windows.

#25 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

Only one negative Newton thread allowed at a time or else it'll throw off the 20-1 ratio!!!!!!!!

Whatever ratio it takes to keep the Panthers from picking him I'm all for.

#26 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

Positives-
leadership
determination
work ethic
strong arm
athleticism
potential

LOL at only have one measurable as a positive and it's a strong arm.

If that doesn't tell you how raw he is, I don't know what will.

Determination as a positive? :lol:

Work ethic? Don't they all have work ethic?

This is a sad, sad list of "positives" for a potential #1 pick.

#27 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

When you look at the tape Cam is excellent at hitting the reciever down the field and in tight windows.

That is 100% false.

To your completion % complain, accuracy is more than just completion % it's more about ball placement and Cam's isn't good.

#28 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

That is 100% false.

To your completion % complain, accuracy is more than just completion % it's more about ball placement and Cam's isn't good.

If Cam is as bad as you would like to think, why is he so highly-touted? I'm really interested in what tune you Cam haters will be singing once we pick him.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,385 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

If Cam is as bad as you would like to think, why is he so highly-touted? I'm really interested in what tune you Cam haters will be singing once we pick him.

Realistically, "highly touted" doesn't really tell you anything.

Every major bust from Tim Couch to JaMarcus Russell and more was "highly touted".

As far as what happens if we pick him, same thing as any other pick I've disagreed with. Sign on and hope they were right and I was wrong.

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

That is 100% false.

Well if he's so damn inaccurate and can't read defenses, then why didn't he throw a lot more INT's, even though his yds per completion average clearly shows that he wasn't just throwing short safe passes all the time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com