• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

If Cam is as bad as you would like to think, why is he so highly-touted? I'm really interested in what tune you Cam haters will be singing once we pick him.

It's his ceiling, athleticism, and potential.

I will be disappointed but I will hope he's better than I think.

#32 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Well if he's so damn inaccurate and can't read defenses, then why didn't he throw a lot more INT's, even though his yds per completion average clearly shows that he wasn't just throwing short safe passes all the time?

Not saying whether he was inaccurate or not, but when you are throwing to a WR behind the entire defense you won't throw a lot of INTs.

#33 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Well if he's so damn inaccurate and can't read defenses, then why didn't he throw a lot more INT's, even though his yds per completion average clearly shows that he wasn't just throwing short safe passes all the time?

You are right because throwing a swing and having the receiver run for 9 yards is a very accurate representation of his accuracy :rolleyes:

#34 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

You are right because throwing a swing and having the receiver run for 9 yards is a very accurate representation of his accuracy :rolleyes:

See, you're lying when you say you have watched him play, because he threw plenty of passes down the field, and quite a few of them had pretty tight coverage, but you can't stop talking about swing passes to wide open WR's.

And you're accusing Newton of being a fake?:rolleyes:

#35 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

See, you're lying when you say you have watched him play, because he threw plenty of passes down the field, and quite a few of them had pretty tight coverage, but you can't stop talking about swing passes to wide open WR's.

You're wasting your time monstercat. You can throw all the facts in the book at this argument, they are just going to be ignored or modified to suit the argument.

#36 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

http://www.carolinah...6&postcount=451

Play by play

8 swing passes in the first 10 drives of the game.

That's insane. 7 of those were completions. Considering he had 20 for the game, you are happy with 35% of his completions behind the line of scrimmage?

#37 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

http://www.carolinah...6&postcount=451

Play by play

8 swing passes in the first 10 drives of the game.

That's insane. 7 of those were completions. Considering he had 20 for the game, you are happy with 35% of his completions behind the line of scrimmage?

That was one game against a defense that had over a month to prepare for Auburns' offense.

Aside from that one game, how many other of his games did you actually watch? And don't lie.

#38 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

funny how no one throws Luck under the bus for throwing to wide open WRS during the Va Tech game. dudes it happens even in the nfl ask BSP.

#39 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

funny how no one throws Luck under the bus for throwing to wide open WRS during the Va Tech game. dudes it happens even in the nfl ask BSP.

He can do no right in their eyes. I thought that was the point, don't throw into coverage find the open guy and coach has to design play to get reciever open. I don't know I haven't played it in a while.:confused:

#40 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

That was one game against a defense that had over a month to prepare for Auburns' offense.

Aside from that one game, how many other of his games did you actually watch? And don't lie.

That is the only game I broke down so in depth because I knew everyone in the country would have access and it could be debated.

Their offense was very similar all year and considering Oregon was probably the best defense they faced, it would show more what his game would be like at the next level.

Note: Those numbers don't include swing passes thrown after the first 10 drives so it could be a lot higher than 35%.

I would say I've watched 7-8 complete games of his, which I would venture to guess is more than the majority of people here, even Cam fans.

You tried to discredit my argument and you lost. His YPC is largely inflated but no one wants to recognize that. This is what you guys miss. You need to go beyond the stat sheet to understand our concerns.

#41 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Oh cool

we needed another Dwayne Jarret.

#42 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

That is the only game I broke down so in depth because I knew everyone in the country would have access and it could be debated.

Their offense was very similar all year and considering Oregon was probably the best defense they faced, it would show more what his game would be like at the next level.

Note: Those numbers don't include swing passes thrown after the first 10 drives so it could be a lot higher than 35%.

I would say I've watched 7-8 complete games of his, which I would venture to guess is more than the majority of people here, even Cam fans.

You tried to discredit my argument and you lost. His YPC is largely inflated but no one wants to recognize that. This is what you guys miss. You need to go beyond the stat sheet to understand our concerns.

LSU, Bama, SC, Arkansas.

#43 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

Oh cool

we needed another Dwayne Jarret.

Whos Dwayne Jarret?

#44 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

I wasn't throwing him under the bus at all. I just provided a possible reason as to why Cam didn't have low interceptions. When any decent QB throws a lot of passes to a WR behind the defense they won't have many interceptions.

#45 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

I wasn't throwing him under the bus at all. I just provided a possible reason as to why Cam didn't have low interceptions. When any decent QB throws a lot of passes to a WR behind the defense they won't have many interceptions.

really wasnt throwing that at you, but i have seen on this board that people would say well the wr was wide open and bitch about him not making a throw into traffic. pretty good 1 read offense if guys are that open down field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.