Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Collinsworth on Cam & Gabbert

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot']Two of three options having less one year or less of pro experience is not a good situation.

Down the road? [I]Maybe[/I]. For next year? No :nonod:[/QUOTE]

Good quarterbacks are hardly ever in the free agency. one's with the potential to be great(what newton and gabbert may have) Never. I know you'll want to bring up brees and shaub,but those situations were fostered by elite talents ready to take over for them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot']Two of three options having less one year or less of pro experience is not a good situation.[/QUOTE]

And how is Moore, Clausen, and Pike any better ??:confused: I dont think it is, I guess there we can disagree.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='micnificent28']Good quarterbacks are hardly ever in the free agency. one's with the potential to be great(what newton and gabbert may have) Never. I know you'll want to bring up brees and shaub,but those situations were fostered by elite talents ready to take over for them.[/QUOTE]
So, no one ever gets good quarterbacks via free agency, except when they do, but those are exceptions. Did I get that right? :sosp:

[quote name='grateflday']And how is Moore, Clausen, and Pike any better ??:confused: I dont think it is, I guess there we can disagree.[/QUOTE]
I would rather go into next season with a free agent starter, Moore as a backup and Clausen as the third. Moore knows the system better than Clausen, having worked with some of our staff before in a similar offense (Scott Turner at Oregon State).

The best veteran options would be via trade (Palmer or Garrard). If we go free agent, probably Volek (knows the system but purely a stopgap).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ElkinPanthersFan']*Obligatory Chris Collinsworth is racist post*[/QUOTE]

Well, he's definitely an idiot, so it wouldn't be a big leap for him to be one.

He's definitely not the smartest about making comments about pedophilia.

Posted · Report post

Collinsworth: "Packers can't win with Aaron Rodgers" - 2007

did I just indirectly defend Gabbert/Cam? :leaving:

Posted · Report post

FWIW, I can't stand Collinsworth. He's ruined SNF and I can't stand to even listen to Madden being played in the background with his annoying commentary.

Posted · Report post

Never been a big Collinsworth fan.

He can be a half-decent commentator sometimes, but following in Madden's footsteps? Ugh!

As far as ex-players, Tom Jackson, Howie Long, Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hoge are all smarter than Collinsworth.

Posted · Report post

Love these arguments over how much a rookie qb is going to improve our offense this year.

Never heard such convincing arguments in my life.

Quick, sell me some ocean front property in arizona.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot']Never been a big Collinsworth fan.

He can be a half-decent commentator sometimes, but following in Madden's footsteps? Ugh!

As far as ex-players, Tom Jackson, Howie Long, Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hoge are all smarter than Collinsworth.[/QUOTE]

I wish they would have gotten TJ for SNF. Always enjoy him on NFL Countdown and Primetime.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pantherclaw']Love these arguments over how much a rookie qb is going to improve our offense this year.

Never heard such convincing arguments in my life.

Quick, sell me some ocean front property in arizona.[/QUOTE]

I figured you'd prefer Idaho better..;)

Posted · Report post

79.43% of statistics that you read on the internet are made up, even though 91.213% of the people who read them believe what they read.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot']Never been a big Collinsworth fan.

As far as ex-players, Tom Jackson, Howie Long, Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hoge are all smarter than Collinsworth.[/QUOTE]

I think he had to be rescued off the deck of a runaway riverboat on the Ohio River. We are lucky to have him today.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MHS831']I think he had to be rescued off the deck of a runaway riverboat on the Ohio River. We are lucky to have him today.[/QUOTE]
Indeed he was.

[quote name='ElkinPanthersFan']I wish they would have gotten TJ for SNF. Always enjoy him on NFL Countdown and Primetime.[/QUOTE]
I like him better where he is. He's a good complement/counterbalance to Berman.

Who'd be better on SNF? Tough question. How do you follow Madden?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot']Indeed he was.

I like him better where he is. He's a good complement/counterbalance to Berman.

Who'd be better on SNF? Tough question. How do you follow Madden?[/QUOTE]

Gruden would have been good on SNF, but nobody knew about his broadcasting acumen, yet. Jaws gives good analysis as does Gruden. Sometimes it is borderline too much in one booth.

Tirico is an okay play by play announcer and I think Jaws could hand all the color.

Move Gruden over with Al Michaels and both nights would be improved.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ElkinPanthersFan']Gruden would have been good on SNF, but nobody knew about his broadcasting acumen, yet. Jaws gives good analysis and so does Gruden. Sometimes it is boardline too much in one booth.

Tirico is an okay play by play announcer and I think Jaws could hand all the color.

Move Gruden over with Al Michaels and both nights would be improved.[/QUOTE]
I could go with that.

Posted · Report post

I actually like Collingsworth. I may not always agree with him, but I believe he calls it as he sees it, and that's really all you can ask of the people in his business.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='monstercat']I actually like Collingsworth. I may not always agree with him, but I believe he calls it as he sees it, and that's really all you can ask of the people in his business.[/QUOTE]

:patriot:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='blackcatgrowl']Yep, he's garbage.
[IMG]http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-01/278623620-11163859.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Just remember, whenever you post one of these pics, that Chris Weinke won virtually all the same awards and accolades that Cam did. :eek:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='monstercat']I actually like Collingsworth. I may not always agree with him, but I believe he calls it as he sees it, and that's really all you can ask of the people in his business.[/QUOTE]

yeah even when you ask him about young women

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Stumpy']Just remember, whenever you post one of these pics, that Chris Weinke won virtually all the same awards and accolades that Cam did. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Obviously we need to wait for Newton then.. wait until he's around 27 before we draft him. He can be our 27 yr old rookie that every other team is laughing at as he stands like a statue in the pocket.

Posted · Report post

You have to respect Collinsworth opinion,he unlike most,

played NFL ball and he has announced and studied NFL ball

for a long time. You have to give credence to what he says.

I have been saying it all along Gabbert is more NFL ready and

will be better for our team over the long haul. Gabbert>>Newton

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jerry']You have to respect Collinsworth opinion,he unlike most,

played NFL ball and he has announced and studied NFL ball

for a long time. You have to give credence to what he says.

I have been saying it all along Gabbert is more NFL ready and

will be better for our team over the long haul. Gabbert>>Newton[/QUOte]

No, I dont. I preferred Tony Kornhole to him in the booth. I respect Marino's, TJ's, numerous other players opinions over Collinsworth. Sunday Night Football is painful to watch because of him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ElkinPanthersFan']No, I dont. I preferred Tony Kornhole to him in the booth. I respect Marino's, TJ's, numerous other players opinions over Collinsworth. Sunday Night Football is painful to watch because of him.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You don't respect Collingsworth's football opinions but you do respect Korney? That guy knows nothing about football and his voice is terrible for the job. All he did was ramble on about celebrities and dancing with the freakin stars.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='monstercat']Seriously? You don't respect Collingsworth's football opinions but you do respect Korney? That guy knows nothing about football and his voice is terrible for the job. All he did was ramble on about celebrities and dancing with the freakin stars.[/QUOTE]

Point being, Kornhole was more of an annoucer than Collinsworth. Didn't mean that he knew football but he brought fun to the booth, but in the same time he brought pointless celebrity comments. Collinsworth doesn't have the voice and is stale. Al Michaels is bland and Collinsworth is even more so. What made Madden and Michaels a good team was the nice balance that Madden brought keeping it light, while also knowing the game.

Gruden does that on MNF by keeping it light and being in-depth. Gruden would be far better than Collinsworth with Michaels. Tirico and Jaws could handle Monday Nights.

Posted · Report post

Tony was far and away the worst person to ever announce a football game and it's not even close.