Photo
- - - - -

Does everybody here at the very least agree that Clausen sucks?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

A lot of rookies that haven't been worked into the system suck.

Peyton Manning sucked his 1st year so did Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris

but they were given another chance and look what they've become (winners)

I'd say play Clausen another year and improve our DL and OL in this draft.

All the good teams have solid foundations. Jimmy was a kid thrown to the wolves.

Peyton threw 26 TDS his rookie year, Clausen=2, maybe 3 but yea, terrible situation

#32 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

he's pretty worthless. I am incredibly saddened that we wasted a pick on him. he will amount to nothing in the NFL. take it to the bank.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

I feel anyone that thinks they can pass judgment on a rookie Qb with the worst offensive coordinator in the game and two rookie WR's to throw to doesn't know much about the game.

#34 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

He probably does. The only thing that gives me cause is the progression of his college career. He was one of the absolute worst BCS school starting quarterbacks his freshman year following Brady Quinn, but really improved dramatically starting with his sophomore season.

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,703 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

I feel anyone that thinks they can pass judgment on a rookie Qb with the worst offensive coordinator in the game and two rookie WR's to throw to doesn't know much about the game.

Logic has no place here.

#36 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

He sucked, but I'm not giving up on him after one year.

Come on dont bring any sensibility to this peabrain thread.

#37 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

He was bad last year.
Does that mean he'll be bad going forward? That remains to be seen.

The fact that people say "they hate having to root for him" is ridiculous.
It's like they have some immature personal problem with him himself or something.
As long as he's a Panther, I hope he becomes a great player.

Fox is gone, people love Smith even tho I can argue he was worse than Clausen last year, people look at the defensive stats and think we were good there, we have 2 good rb's but it couldnt possibly have been them, we flukely sent 2 linemen to the pro bowl so the easy answer for people who dont really understand the concept for team sports is to point the finger at Clausen. Laziness and ignorance is what creates these types of threads.

#38 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

In my defense I passed my judgement on him before we even drafted him.

#39 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

In my defense I passed my judgement on him before we even drafted him.

You may still be right, I will wait til we have an enthusiastic and competent coaching staff to concur.

#40 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Clausen sucked, but Rip Scherer is a sucky QB coach as well. Maybe, just maybe with the right coaching, Clausen can improve. Too early to call him a bust.

#41 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

Jimmy Clausen was a rookie in a bad situation

Can he be an above average QB in the NFL? yes

Anyone giving up on Clausen based off his rookie performance needs to watch games outside of just carolina games, maybe do some homework and find out that pretty much all rookies suck their first year.

rookie QB, 2 starting rookie WR's, RB's on injure reserve, O-line on IR and to top it off the worst O coordinater in the league. And you people want Clausen gone cause he was bad? How about we give the kid a legitimate shot before we crucify him.

You cant give up on a QB his rookie in year that bad of situation, lets see how he does when he actually has playmakers around him, lets see how he does now that Gettis and Lefell are sophmores and when williams and stewert are BOTH healthy and when our O-line isnt all on IR.

If Clausen sucks when we are healthy then so be it, then its time to move on. Drafting cam or gabbert is just strait stupid...your talking about drafting a running QB which has never worked in the NFL, and drafting Gabbert who threw in the high teens in TD's in a spread offence in college, thats terrible.

#42 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Wonder if he retained this great advice

#43 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Clausen doesn't suck. He played poorly last year, but that won't define his career. No matter how much posters like TRD and CRA want him to be the worst player in NFL history, it just isn't the case. If it was just him, then Moore and St. Pierre would have looked good by comparison, and both of them were even worse. Yes, no matter what you think you saw, Matt Moore stunk last year. And we don't all think Moore sucks either. It was a collectively bad effort by the entire offensive coaching staff, the line, and the receiving corps last year. Not just the QB.

So no, we don't all agree he sucks. We all agree he played awful last year, but we also agree that the Panthers as a whole were a lousy team. Give Shula and Chud some time, and maybe we'll end up with the guy who put up all those gaudy stats in his last year at Notre Dame. Even if we draft Newton, I would love to see Clausen get some decent games in for no other reason than to raise his trade value.

#44 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Why does everyone bring my name up no matter what thread it's in?

You guys really care that much about what I say?

For the record, Clausen is fuking terrible. If he never saw hte inside of an NFL facility again it'd be too soon. Dude was groomed to be an overyhyped college QB since he was 10 and he achieved that. Now he needs to realize his place in life and go coach HS football with his two brothers.

If there was any player that had less god given talent than him that made it I would like to see said player. He's even ugly as sh!t which should tell us right there he has no business being in an NFL huddle as the man. No one in life respects him. He makes up fake girlfriends on the internet to sound cool. He's done nothing in life to deserve anything else.

IF they give him a shot in camp, Rivera might get fired for laughing so hard at Hurney's pick. I wouldn't be surprised if rookie's next year were making Clausen carry their gear while SS sh!ts in his helmet just because he's that much of a social retard. I would never want to show my face in Carolina again after how much the organization, including players, has talked about QBs not named Jimmy Clausen.

I've backed off Clausen lately because my attention has been focused on the draft but when you basically invite me to bash the kid, I will come full force

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,703 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

Say how you really feel :sosp:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.