Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Peterson - Pay for Play

93 posts in this topic

Posted

To me, I don't think it's a big deal. I would still love to have him on the team. People give Cam a ton of crap for doing it, this proves Cam is far from the only guy doing this.

Posted

But, but, but...anyone who takes money to play college sports is EVIL!!!!

Posted

Not really the kind of thing you want coming out a month before the draft. Ouch :(

Posted

Society should just accept this happens. I played with a guy that transferred to my school from Ole Miss. We were talking about Oxford and how things were down there one night. He said after games, the Ole Miss players would walk through "The Grove" and guys would collect hundreds to thousands of $$'s depending on how they played that day. This was back in the early 90's.

I've said this before, the NCAA and BCS are the real criminals in all of this. I don't blame the players one bit man. If these idiot, nut job boosters want to give you a shitload of cash to play for their school and make a QB sack or TFL, take the money and run.

Posted

And almost perfect timing.

Posted

I'd still take him. No shocker.

Posted

Every major program does it. I accepted that a long time ago. What I am starting to realize now is that the NCAA most likely knows this stuff goes on. And they do nothing. Too much money coming toward them.

Posted

I played for a small school and was forced to change my spring class schedule because it conflicted with spring practice one night a week. If coaches are doing that at small schools, imagine what it's like at large schools where the football program brings in millions. In the end, most schools could give two craps about the student-athlete. All they are worried about is collecting money. Good for the players getting their share. Like I said, if these morons want to give teenagers thousands of $$'s to play a game for their schools, laugh all the way to the bank.

Ironically, I am on the owners side of the CBA situation.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't care.

Posted

I played for a small school and was forced to change my spring class schedule because it conflicted with spring practice one night a week. If coaches are doing that at small schools, imagine what it's like at large schools where the football program brings in millions. In the end, most schools could give two craps about the student-athlete. All they are worried about is collecting money. Good for the players getting their share.

Ironically, I am on the owners side of the CBA situation.

It's really a joke to even call them "student athletes" to be honest. Most don't go to class and usually have someone else do their work for them.

Posted

Don't care.

tl;dr