• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:13 AM

Well, this is definitely significant news, the only thing to debate is just how significant this is. I say it's at least significant enough for me to put him below a guy like Dareus. I'm not sure you can just brush this off.

#47 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:54 AM

- Coach, how do you always recruit such talented players?

- I find out what the other school's going to pay the guy and then I double it.

Paul "Bear" Bryant

#48 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:04 AM

Exactly. And if you think the NFL teams care about this stuff you're crazy. They know it goes on just like anyone who thinks realistically should. It's a non-factor when it comes to the draft.

#49 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

LOL.

Oh noez PP is teh devil he haz no integrity!

#50 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

this is the real reason Luck stayed in school... It was a guaranteed paycheck... lol

#51 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

A college player nowadays that knowingly accepts money KNOWS it's "illegal". If they don't...then they probably don't know that smoking is bad for their health too.

You just can't do it.

And if you think a stipend is going to end it...it's not. The "good players" will just get exponentially more than the suckers at the base payscale.

And if you think nothing's wrong with this...and think it should be allowed...then are we ready to just let the big pocket schools dominate all sports? NCAA seems fine with it...as they're proving every day.

Does it effect how I look at PP now...absolutely. This is the first overall pick we're talking about. You don't think Reggie Bush was affected by the USC/Heisman nuttiness?

Edited by g5jamz, 31 March 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#52 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

So....should NCAA do a SMU treatment again?

#53 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

this is the real reason Luck stayed in school... It was a guaranteed paycheck... lol

#54 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Why would an NFL team care about this? Some of these NFL coaches were probably either paid as college players involved with paying players themselves, so they would be hypocrites to hold it against a prospect.

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,332 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

A college player nowadays that knowingly accepts money KNOWS it's "illegal". If they don't...then they probably don't know that smoking is bad for their health too.

You just can't do it.

And if you think a stipend is going to end it...it's not. The "good players" will just get exponentially more than the suckers at the base payscale.

And if you think nothing's wrong with this...and think it should be allowed...then are we ready to just let the big pocket schools dominate all sports? NCAA seems fine with it...as they're proving every day.

Does it effect how I look at PP now...absolutely. This is the first overall pick we're talking about. You don't think Reggie Bush was affected by the USC/Heisman nuttiness?

it's not illegal.

#56 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

I'm one of the people who wanted PP7 #1 overall.. this kind of changes things to me. If the allegations are true, then I'm not sure if I want PP7. My #2 is a tie between Green and Dareus. A shame since he's such an athletic freak. Regardless, We don't fug up on first rounders so I'm happy with whoever (as long as it's not Newton)

#57 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'm one of the people who wanted PP7 #1 overall.. this kind of changes things to me. If the allegations are true, then I'm not sure if I want PP7. My #2 is a tie between Green and Dareus. A shame since he's such an athletic freak. Regardless, We don't f*ck up on first rounders so I'm happy with whoever (as long as it's not Newton)

Why would this change anything? Whether he took money or not, he is still the same player that he was a week ago and he is gonna get paid in the NFL anyway, so what's the problem?

#58 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,332 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

I'm one of the people who wanted PP7 #1 overall.. this kind of changes things to me. If the allegations are true, then I'm not sure if I want PP7. My #2 is a tie between Green and Dareus. A shame since he's such an athletic freak. Regardless, We don't fug up on first rounders so I'm happy with whoever (as long as it's not Newton)

Those are GA and Bama boys.....it ain't like the odds favor them not recieving something they shouldn't of either.

#59 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

I realize that toast has more moral and ethical fiber than some people on this board, so I don't expect you to get this. Do you want the face of your franchise to be someone who can be bought? Someone who cheats and then lies about it--to the Panthers? Character is important--or haven't you been paying attention.

Just because you think it happens all the time does not mean that everyone does it. You seem to thrive on the risk more than anything else.

If you lied on an interview about your past and the potential employer knew about it and hired you anyway, what signal does that send? No, I don't think successful businesses are run that way. Say it isn't a big deal if you want, but it is. Again, I don't expect everyone to understand this, because not all people value character.

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,332 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

I realize that toast has more moral and ethical fiber than some people on this board, so I don't expect you to get this. Do you want the face of your franchise to be someone who can be bought? Someone who cheats and then lies about it--to the Panthers? Character is important--or haven't you been paying attention.

Just because you think it happens all the time does not mean that everyone does it. You seem to thrive on the risk more than anything else.

If you lied on an interview about your past and the potential employer knew about it and hired you anyway, what signal does that send? No, I don't think successful businesses are run that way. Say it isn't a big deal if you want, but it is. Again, I don't expect everyone to understand this, because not all people value character.

how many all time greats do you think broke NCAA rules? how many of the games current top tier players broke NCAA rules?

I think it is naive to assume it isn't a very good percentage of guys. If you are going to be a professional sports team then you can't dwell on those things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com