194 replies to this topic

#1 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

“A lot of the criticism he’s receiving is unfortunate and racially based,” Moon told Freeman. “I thought we were all past this. I don’t see other quarterbacks in the draft being criticized by the media or fans about their smile or called a phony. He’s being held to different standards from white quarterbacks. I thought we were past all this stuff about African-American quarterbacks, but I guess we’re not.
“Of course there is racism in every walk of society. We’ve made a lot of progress in this country. But racism is still there. I just thought in the sports arena we were beyond it. I think the way Cam is being treated shows we’re not. . . .
“The thing that makes me laugh is the question of can [Newton] come out of the spread offense? Can he run a pro offense? Colt McCoy came out of the spread offense and very few people raised that issue about him. So did Sam Bradford. Same thing. Very few questions asking if Bradford could run a pro offense. Some of these questions about Cam are more about his intellect. It’s blatant racism, some of it.”

Read More

:lurk5:

#2 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

Uh oh watch the Anti_Cam boys go at this one.

#3 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

Warren Moon is black and is biased.

#4 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

oh poo

#5 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,726 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

please

so was it also racism against The Golden Calf of Bristol last year?

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,276 posts
  • LocationSC

If he thinks Nawrocki is racist, he should go back and read his review of Josh Freeman (among others).

This stuff is just stupid.

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,873 posts

racism does still exist, but come on. The Golden Calf of Bristol had the same questions about how he'd adjust to a pro system that Cam Newton did. Bradford was supposed to have an adjustment period. Colt McCoy, too.

Come on. Remember the "Pro ready" Jimmy Clausen? Do you think they would have bothered with that term if they actually meant "Everyone who is white is pro ready"? Meh.

Cam may be facing racial bias but I do NOT think it is in terms of "can he adjust to an NFL offense." This is the same question ALL spread QBs are facing. People bring it up with Gabbert... or they did before the recent Wonderlic/splurge of "Chalk Talk" board work with Gabbert stuff.

#8 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

KT, is that you? :)

#9 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

everyone has been skating around this issue with Cam and Nawrocki but honestly there does seem to be some racist undertones with this review

#10 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Mr. Scot, right on cue now me bring in JOAT and TRD....(in my movie director voice)

#11 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Uh oh watch the Anti_Cam boys go at this one.

Warren is just as wrong about racism as we are :rolleyes:

#12 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,726 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol faced the same criticisms as Cam regarding his game. He also faced criticism because he is an outspoken christian.

Sorry, but when you put yourself out there like these guys do, criticism is part of the package.

#13 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

please

so was it also racism against The Golden Calf of Bristol last year?

They didn't say they thought The Golden Calf of Bristol would have a hard time running a pro offense, at least the majority didn't... It was his mechanics that were scrutinized. And not a fair comparison either because The Golden Calf of Bristol was more heavily criticized than other white QBs because of his beliefs and outspoken nature regarding them.

#14 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,828 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

So... when black reporter talks crap about white QB... its ok. But when white reporter talks crap about black QB its a "racial bias". Same old poo, different day.

#15 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

Mr. Scot, right on cue now me bring in JOAT and TRD....(in my movie director voice)

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com