• This topic is locked This topic is locked
194 replies to this topic

#31 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

Nawrocki never met Cam but yet he chooses only negativity from evaluators when Cam meets with 8 teams after the fact. Just doesnt seem right

#32 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

30 posts in about 27 minutes, thats about right

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,808 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

Nawrocki never met Cam but yet he chooses only negativity from evaluators when Cam meets with 8 teams after the fact. Just doesnt seem right

You've never read Nawrocki before have you?

#34 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

You've never read Nawrocki before have you?

I've read what u posted from Nawrocki and he's never called anyone "fake" "phony" or "con-artist" from what I saw in the past

#35 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

I've read what u posted from Nawrocki and he's never called anyone "fake" "phony" or "con-artist" from what I saw in the past

"his fake rah rah leadership":rolleyes:

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,808 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Then you clearly didn't read his profile of Jimmy Clausen.

#37 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

30 posts in about 27 minutes, thats about right

:lol:

#38 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

They questioned his intelligence and his wonderlic because he cheated his way through Florida... You guys claiming racism always skip over the inconvenient facts.

The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't cheat to get through college.. The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't steal any laptaps.. The Golden Calf of Bristol had 4 years of top notch production and was known as a "freakish athlete" and had a better completion percentage over 1000 more passes than cam... yet he "should play TE or FB in the pro's".

This while Cam is considered a number 1 pick... I wonder where this racist crap is coming from?

#39 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

I agree blacks QBs do get judged differently than white QBs. However, I have seen almost all spread QBs questioned on whether they can transition to pro style. It's not like all the questions about Cam are unique to him.

#40 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

They questioned his intelligence and his wonderlic because he cheated his way through Florida... You guys claiming racism always skip over the inconvenient facts.

The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't cheat to get through college.. The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't steal any laptaps.. The Golden Calf of Bristol had 4 years of top notch production and was known as a "freakish athlete" and had a better completion percentage over 1000 more passes than cam... yet he "should play TE or FB in the pro's".

This while Cam is considered a number 1 pick... I wonder where this racist crap is coming from?

I wouldn't expect everyone to understand.

#41 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

"his fake rah rah leadership":rolleyes:

right. what is fake "rah rah"? GTFOH

#42 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

So he's the labeled dumb as rocks? All I heard was he was most NFL ready guy on ESPN his only problem is slow feet. Doesn't sound like they think he's dumb. But every mock drafter and commmentator from NFL network questions whether Newton can digest the playbook alot of posters here think the same thing. Why?

http://profootballta...ns-for-mallett/

"off the field issues", and if you do a bit more searching, you'd come across gems like this:

38. Arizona Cardinals: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

A couple of months ago, I listed Ryan Mallett in the second round of my 2011 NFL Mock Draft, citing major character concerns I knew about that would eventually surface.

Well, nothing surfaced, so I put Mallett back in the first round, assuming my source was wrong. Lo and behold, NFL.com's Albert Breer wrote two weeks ago that "off-field concerns" will hurt Mallett's draft stock. A couple of months late, but better late than never, I guess.

Mallett has major red flags. In addition to these "off-field concerns," he's a moron who may score single digits on his Wonderlic (even if they give him five points for spelling his name correctly). His release is painfully slow (think Byron Leftwich). He has no mobility. And he has the same sense of entitlement as Matt Leinart and Jimmy Clausen.

This was on Walterfootball's mock draft for quite some time, right up until Mallett's wonderlics actually came out.

walterfootball was getting major angry emails from Arkansas because they pushed that he was stupid as poo.

these weren't the only posts of that nature, either. while mainstream media simply said he had "MAJOR CHARACTER CONCERNS," a lot of alternatives made it clear they did not like him much at all

Now, to address something else:

You are right, there was concern about not "playing under center" regularly before, but that is said about all the QBs coming out to some degree because most college teams run the spread now. My point was that the emphasis of concern regarding The Golden Calf of Bristol was that his mechanics were funky.

In fact, most analysts I remember hearing said that if his mechanics could be touched up and his release more compact, that The Golden Calf of Bristol would be good because they knew he was a smart kid who wanted to be a great player and would work to do so.

Disagree. I read a lot of very critical reviews of The Golden Calf of Bristol related to more than his mechanics.

Rare mental and physical toughness. Tremendous competitor with exceptional leadership skills. However, he has an enormous mental challenge ahead of him in the NFL. He locks onto primary target too often. Needs to learn to read coverages and to go through progression reads. Takes off to run too early and will need to reset his mental clock completely. Below average score (22) on the Wonderlic Test adds to concerns, as well.

This is from ESPN's sport inc about The Golden Calf of Bristol. THOSE RACISTS!!!

#43 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

I agree blacks QBs do get judged differently than white QBs. However, I have seen almost all spread QBs questioned on whether they can transition to pro style. It's not like all the questions about Cam are unique to him.

When's the last time someone has went undefeated, won the championship, heisman trophy, davey o' brien award, set records and had his work ethic and intelligence questioned?

#44 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

http://www.hogville....?topic=324519.0

check it out. Mallett funnies.

#45 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Then you clearly didn't read his profile of Jimmy Clausen.

I read what u posted. Excuse me because i dont remember the whole thing. He mentions a house off of campus which was probably true. He did say he was "immature" I didnt follow Jimmy like that before so I cant dispute that. Was he wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.