• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

Gutsy performance by Lowe today, hope it's just some cramping, can't afford to lose him now. Crazy to think Lee had 16 k's in a 5-0 game. They either hit him or struck out.

Interesting match up tomorrow as Teheren gets called up. Going to be a tough one. The Braves really need a series win.

#17 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

shut em down

#18 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

What a pitching matchup today for the Civil Rights game. The Braves once again get the better of the Phillies in the series, but those two loses to the Nats hurt.

At least there are a lot of things to look forward to with Uggla hopefully coming around and Heyward back and hopefully mentally prepared for Tuesday.

Now to pick up some ground with series against the Astros, and D-Backs

#19 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Good series and very entertaining.....didn't like the outcome, but it was fun to watch. Loved the uniforms from Saturday and Sunday.

#20 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Brian McCann, oh man. Came in as a pinch hitter with 2 outs in the 9th and hits a game tying HR to send it to extras, then walks off with another in the 11th. Wow.

Loved the uniforms from Saturday and Sunday.

Definitely some of the better retro unis out there

#21 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

braves kicking ass

#22 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

Big series starting tonight.

GO PHILS!!!!

#23 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

I called that 10th inning perfect.

Here's to hoping Scott Proctor is DFA'd tomorrow, that'll be better than a series win for me.

#24 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

I called that 10th inning perfect.

Here's to hoping Scott Proctor is DFA'd tomorrow, that'll be better than a series win for me.

My son walked downstairs and said that we will win with a walk off Raul Ibanez HR. I told him I would give him everything in my wallet if that happens. Best $ I ever spent! I need to market that kid.

#25 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

dumbass fredi, should of put in blitzcraig

#26 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

Chipper finally to the DL after much speculation...looks like Prado will be our 3B when he gets back after the break with McLouth remaining in left.

Looks like the Julio Lugo show for the rest of the series *joy*

#27 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Take that phags

#28 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm assuming Fredi didn't care much about winning todays game, sending out our 5th best starter and the worst 2 in the pen. If Proctor is still not gone, Frank Wren is an idiot...the braves have better in AAA.

The Phils definitely took advantage of today, and the teams are a lot closer than the box score indicated...I still see a tight battle during the second half. Both will make it into the playoffs barring any more injuries.

At least the Braves can look forward to getting the heart and soul of the team back, Prado, after the break. Uggla looks to be getting a little more confident and if Heyward can actually step up into the box, they will look a lot better on offense. Still missing another RH bat and arm in the pen.

As a side note, I really like the stacked bullpens in Philly, probably sucks warming up though.

#29 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

D lowe has to go

#30 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

D lowe has to go

DLowe isn't guaranteed any time in the organization, believe me, if Wren could trade him before the deadline to get a RH bat, he would. The Braves have the pretty nice problem of having the 3 arms capable of starting next year in Minor, Teheren (the Braves #1 prospect) and even Medlen when he gets healthy (although they could keep him in the bullpen as long relief if needed).

They have been looking to get out of the rest of Lowe's big contract since last year, but haven't found a good enough offer...and his DUI didn't help those feelings. With that being said...Derek has always been a 2nd half pitcher and was lights out last year in getting us into the playoffs.

Next year, realistically I could see the Braves starting

Jurrjens
Hanson
Hudson
Beachy
Teheren

Followed by in the pen:

Medlen
Moylan
O'flaherty
Venters
Kimbrel

Still damn good and leaves Lowe and Minor(Although Jair could still replace his name here) as trade pieces.

Ok I'm done ranting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.