Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,942 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

Is virginity important? :eek:

(apparently it is to somebody) :sosp:

Zierlein's article addressed why stuff like that is in there...

It is completely different because the scouts are not making their information public.

How would you like it, if I told everyone in your business that you were a fake, you weren't good at your job, and you would never be able to get the job done. (All without myself having met you). On top of that, they believed me. That is exactly what is happening here and if you would tell me that, that wouldn't upset you then I would most likely not believe you.

#137 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hey Scot, you dodged this one yesterday. What is your opinion of the Gil Brandt article. The one where he actually spent some time with Cam and interviewed several people at Auburn instead of a single source and came away with a much different impression.

Wouldn't you think someone who actually spent time with someone and talked to people at Auburn would have a better perspective and more accurate info?

Why do ypu latch to Nawrocki but ignore Wyche, Brandt, and Yas who says teams are telling them he satisfied them with his responses to his past.

#138 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,750 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Allot STILL isn't a word.

#139 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

It is completely different because the scouts are not making their information public.

How would you like it, if I told everyone in your business that you were a fake, you weren't good at your job, and you would never be able to get the job done. (All without myself having met you). On top of that, they believed me. That is exactly what is happening here and if you would tell me that, that wouldn't upset you then I would most likely not believe you.

How would you like to throw millions of dollars of your boss's money at a 22 year old kid without knowing anything about his character?

More importantly, how do you think your boss would feel about it if the guy turned out to be a loser?

These guys are investigated for a reason.

#140 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,750 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey Scot, you dodged this one yesterday. What is your opinion of the Gil Brandt article. The one where he actually spent some time with Cam and interviewed several people at Auburn instead of a single source and came away with a much different impression.

Wouldn't you think someone who actually spent time with someone and talked to people at Auburn would have a better perspective and more accurate info?

Why do ypu latch to Namrocki but ignore Wyche, Brandt, and Yas who says teams are telling them he satisfied them with his responses to his past.

To me it depends on who Brandt talked to at Auburn, staffers and coaches an only gain from inflating Newton's stock.

I'm not hitching my wagon to any one report, I just don't think Cam is anywhere near as mature as he needs to be and I expressed that here before this article came out.

#141 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

To me it depends on who Brandt talked to at Auburn, staffers and coaches an only gain from inflating Newton's stock.

I'm not hitching my wagon to any one report, I just don't think Cam is anywhere near as mature as he needs to be and I expressed that here before this article came out.

I understand that and that is fair. But we don't know who Nawrocki spoke to either. So that works both ways.

But JOAT has been fair and consistent so I don't have any problems with you. Your reasoning is legit even if I don't agree. :thumbsup:

#142 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

Why do ypu latch to Nawrocki but ignore Wyche, Brandt, and Yas who says teams are telling them he satisfied them with his responses to his past.

Sorry. Did you say something?

:D

#143 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,942 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

How would you like to throw millions of dollars of your boss's money at a 22 year old kid without knowing anything about his character?

More importantly, how do you think your boss would feel about it if the guy turned out to be a loser?

These guys are investigated for a reason.

The scouts are investigating....And as far as I know, none of them have published personal attacks. Mr. Nolan on the other hand HASN'T even met Cam Newton and he sterotypes Newton into a class that he calls a "fraud" or a "fake" which is totally inappropriate and totally false. He smiles because he enjoys the game and I might actually consider some of his idiotic comments as truth if the Tigers of Auburn didn't win the National Championship. However, someone with a "fake smile", "selfish", "me-first", "enormous ego", "does not command respect from his teammates" will NOT win an NCAA National Championship. On top of that Newton did all of this while being under investigation.

Say what you want, however I know as an Auburn/UNC fan know that Cam is not even remotely close to being as self absorbed as Nowrocki says he is. He plays for the team and sometimes plays for himself, however he also plays for the crowd, which is why he is always smiling.

#144 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Nawrocki would tell you he's done "extensive" research, and Zeirlein confirmed that one of the negative statements he had actually came from someone at Auburn.

There's also this from Zeirlein....

I've got a few contacts around the league and they all pretty much agree that Nawrocki is the most tied-in of all the analysts/evaluators out there. Some teams share info with him and he shares some with them. He and I have a few of the same contacts in the league and I know that he gets character evaluations from some of the best scouts in the business.

Bottom line: I respect Brandt, but that doesn't mean I think he's always right (he's whiffed before too). Neither is Nawrocki, but he's also not alone in his feelings about Newton. In reality, they're not even his feelings per se as they are of the people he's talked to.

One of them will be right. The other will be wrong. I'll still read both next season.

#145 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

Sorry. Did you say something?

:D

Best response to me in two days!!!!

#146 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Nawrocki would tell you he's done "extensive" research, and Zeirlein confirmed that one of the negative statements he had actually came from someone at Auburn.

There's also this from Zeirlein....

Bottom line: I respect Brandt, but that doesn't mean I think he's always right (he's whiffed before too). Neither is Nawrocki, but he's also not alone in his feelings about Newton. In reality, they're not even his feelings per se as they are of the people he's talked to.

One of them will be right. The other will be wrong. I'll still read both next season.

I guess me and you can agree that whatever "extensive" reearch he did it pales in comparison to the research the FO will do and if they think he passes then we have to trust them. :grouphug:

#147 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

The scouts are investigating....And as far as I know, none of them have published personal attacks. Mr. Nolan on the other hand HASN'T even met Cam Newton and he sterotypes Newton into a class that he calls a "fraud" or a "fake" which is totally inappropriate and totally false. He smiles because he enjoys the game and I might actually consider some of his idiotic comments as truth if the Tigers of Auburn didn't win the National Championship. However, someone with a "fake smile", "selfish", "me-first", "enormous ego", "does not command respect from his teammates" will NOT win an NCAA National Championship. On top of that Newton did all of this while being under investigation.

Say what you want, however I know as an Auburn/UNC fan know that Cam is not even remotely close to being as self absorbed as Nowrocki says he is. He plays for the team and sometimes plays for himself, however he also plays for the crowd, which is why he is always smiling.

Scouts jobs aren't to publish anything. Their jobs are to report to NFL teams.

And if you read carefully, you'll find that the words "fraud", "fake" and "con artist" were things that people told him, not his own statements.

Now, should he only print the good things that people tell him about prospects, or the whole thing?

For that matter, does the "only say the good stuff" rule apply only to Newton or is that for all of them?

#148 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,942 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

And if you read carefully, you'll find that the words "fraud", "fake" and "con artist" were things that people told him, not his own statements.

Now, should he only print the good things that people tell him about prospects, or the whole thing?

For that matter, does the "only say the good stuff" rule apply only to Newton or is that for all of them?

There is nothing wrong publicaly critiquing someone's game but critiquing their personal life is shallow.

#149 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

I guess me and you can agree that whatever "extensive" reearch he did it pales in comparison to the research the FO will do and if they think he passes then we have to trust them. :grouphug:

Like I said, whomever they pick, I hope it's the right choice.

But whatever that decision is, none of the media types will have had any say, for good or bad.

#150 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

Out of curiosity can u direct me to the good things. He claims he talked to two decision makers who had no concerns about Cam I just can't seem to find those quotes. Thanks in advance. :) I mean since we agree he should have posted the whole thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.