Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Link

Windows Vista...

The best thing MS could do is create a "no bullshit" os for people like me. I don't care about all the bells and whistles, all the desktop and taskbar gimmicks.

Just give me a simple fast efficient OS that will run third party applications reliably.

Or I could just get a mac.

Vista is not bad but it has too many drawbacks.

7 should blow it out of the water. I get to hear all the guys talk about it down at Microsoft every Thursday when I am down there and they are all jacked up about 7. They laugh when I ask them about vista.

I actually like Vista, although it would be great if it loaded faster, and the UAC was fixed. Windows 7 addresses both those concerns.

I've played with the Beta and it's got some interesting changes....no doubt Microsoft needs a big hit with this one.

The best thing MS could do is create a "no bullsh*t" os for people like me. I don't care about all the bells and whistles, all the desktop and taskbar gimmicks.

Just give me a simple fast efficient OS that will run third party applications reliably.

Or I could just get a mac.

I got a cousin who does work like you and he uses a mac and says it's perfect for his kind of work.

Says vista would just slow him down.