Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The debate is Cam vs. Not Cam, not Cam vs. Player X

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Damn you and your logic.

:(

Posted

Maybe because Those who do not want Cam realize that there are no real players worthy of the pick this year.

We are not taking Cam. So argue away.

So you want us to pass?

Posted

A guy who wants a good football player?

Do you have to be a crybaby about it? If you want to call me an anti-Gabberter because he sucked donkey dick in college and there's zero reason he should go in the first round, much less #1 overall? Go right ahead! Call me an anti-Dareuser or anti-Fairleyer too, what difference does it make?

Posted

I here Dareus, Green, and Gabbert... but why? It can't possibly based on on-field production the only guys that should be taken #1 based on on-field production are Cam Newton, Patrick Peterson, or Nick Fairley.

Posted

Pantherfan81, Blackcatgrowl, Second City Panther, Teeray, and ncmonzta make up nearly all the Cam Newton Threads or posts on him. Mr. Scot has some Newton threads started as counterplay to it. As far as saying Cam is getting a ton of support is measured in both positive and negative posts, then fine. However, if you examine why there are so many threads for him it comes back to roughly the same 10 or so people posting in them. You can't generalize that way.

I've been on board the PP Train for more than 2 months now.

How is it generalizing to say you guys haven't gotten behind a single alternative player to challenge Cam? In this thread alone, you have guys saying within just a few posts that Dareus, Gabbert, AND Peterson are the alternative pick. That's exactly my point.

Posted

I'm just not a fan of one year wonders with numerous red flags.

Dareus was very good the last two years, is a saint compared to Newton and fills a huge need.

Posted

I here Dareus, Green, and Gabbery... but why? It can't possibly based on on-field production the only guys that should be taken #1 based on on-field production are Cam Newton, Patrick Peterson, or Nick Fairley.

The ones backing guys that didn't get it done in college like Dareus and Gabbert are just mindless sheep going along with whatever nflultimateawesomedabestestmockdraft.com says. Especially the couple of people wanting Gabbert. They're the ones that really crack me up. Unless you're a Missouri fan, you didn't watch any of Gabbert's games in NC. They just go by whichever ESPN guy they like best says.

Posted

It's just hard to justify Dareus going number one after a guy like Ndamukong Suh who had twice the stats and ability that Dareus does did not go number one.

Posted

How is it generalizing to say you guys haven't gotten behind a single alternative player to challenge Cam? In this thread alone, you have guys saying within just a few posts that Dareus, Gabbert, AND Peterson are the alternative pick. That's exactly my point.

Perhaps, and maybe I'm just spit balling here, but maybe different people have different philosophies and opinions?

There may not be any one player that has as many people backing him, but Raider nation was all over Russell as the next big thing.

Popluar pick doesn't mean a thing, especially among the fans.

Posted

This is like saying why cant the Dems and the GOP get behind one candidate 2 years before the election. You have your opinion and everyone else on this board has theirs. I can count one one hand as many PP supporters as Cam Newton ones up there. This argument is like saying why can't we get behind Clausen with Moore as number one? Hell people on this board wanted AE to start, Pike to start, you name it. All due to the fact that everyone plays sideline GM. How is that hard to grasp?

Posted

Perhaps, and maybe I'm just spit balling here, but maybe different people have different philosophies and opinions?

Crazy talk :nonod:

Posted

Marcell Dareus: Suspended the first 2 games of 2010 for eligibility shenanigans (red flag)

2010 sack total: 5 (lol)

2010 tackle total: 33 (unimpressive, even that is inflated by his 8 tackles against that weak Gamecock o-line in the regular season)