Photo
- - - - -

memphis tiger's nix fedex uni's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 tommy gun

tommy gun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

don't get me started on this. the memphis tiger's were going to wear fed ex colored jersey's instead of their own the other night. memphis is good enough team without the gimmick's. this stuff has gone too far. i remember 2 years ago when the boston red sox wore green uniform's to honor red aurebach. he coached in same city, big deal. baseball and basketball are 2 different sports. any excuse to wear uniform's that are not your own, just to make a buck. nascar is the worst. you can't even follow your fav driver because from week to week you don't even know what his car will look like. money has ruined sports, period. bring back the 80's.

#2 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

A non-professional team should NEVER hawk their uni's for sponsors. Professional sports are a totally different deal. NASCAR, especially, with the costs week-to-week of having a car in the field is the reason behind the uber-sponsors and the typically 2 designs they run. I give NASCAR a pass for that reason

#3 tommy gun

tommy gun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

i see your point. i just want things the way they use to be, before big money got involved.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

Woooow...that is a reallly sketchy idea. I see the NCAA slapping violations all over them if they do that. You can't have a team in college basketball that is sponsored. You can have companies give money to the university to use in athletics but once you have players wearing a brand you are toeing a very fine line.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com